I don’t know about you but I feel like it’s acceptable to start talking about banana bread again!
Yes, yes, we all baked too much of it in lockdown but in my opinion, it will never stop tasting delicious.
Which is why I’m sharing my banana bread recipe here…
Inspired by a recipe that I found on Thermomix’s website, I’ve made it gluten-free by using gluten-free plain flour instead of regular plain flour and use coconut sugar instead of light brown sugar so feel free to adapt to suit your preferences!
115g unsalted butter, softened
150g coconut sugar
300g bananas (approximately 3 average sized bananas plus 1 separate banana for the topping)
2 medium free-range eggs
80g Greek yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g gluten free plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the (fan) oven to 170 degrees celsius and line a large loaf tin with baking paper
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until combined
- Add the bananas, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla to the mixture and combine some more
- Add the remaining ingredients and you guessed it… combine again! (Make sure that any pockets of flour have been incorporated thoroughly)
- Pour the mixture carefully into your prepared loaf tin
- Cut a banana lengthways and press both halves rounded side-down into the top of the mixture
- Sprinkle coconut sugar over the banana halves
- Set a timer and bake for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, pop foil over the tin to stop the sugar-coated banana from burning and cook for a further 30 minutes (or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean)
- Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Serve solo as a “three time tea time” snack with coffee or with vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent pud!
Ps. Looking for more recipes? Find my morning smoothie recipe here…