Hands up if your new years resolution is to be fitter and healthier than you were in 2014? Yep you will find my hand in the air as well. And as the gyms are full to bursting with those taking their first steps on their very own fitness journey, a cold crisp morning was just too tempting not to let cardio take a more leisurely turn.
Walking is a great way of getting in some cardio that doesn’t feel quite so arduous, especially if you live in a good location for it. We live a stones throw from two beautiful lakes situated in the middle of rolling hills, dense woodland and a few sporadically/perfectly placed sets of stairs which are ideal for upping the pace a little. Also walking is a great way to get started. If you can’t be sure you will use a gym membership monitor how many times you get outside for a bit of cardio until you feel comfortable that you can stick at it. It will also mean you miss out on the January gym madness.
Here are few tips for getting out and moving more:
– Head out during daylight ours, not only do you get to take in the great scenery but it’s also a lot safer.
– Found some stairs or a hill? Run up and down a few times it will get your blood pumping especially this time of year.
– Keep your pace up, walking as fast and as comfortably as you can
– Aim for 10,000 steps per day at least, a great way to monitor this is with a wrist tracker and you can win one right now here!
– Sometimes it’s easier than you think to fit a walk into your day, just leave your car at home!
Whose on a 2015 health kick with me then?