A Picture Perfect Summer Picnic | Ad

Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset Processed with VSCOcam with f2 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with c6 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c6 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with a5 preset

Trends are bizarre, from fluffy Gucci loafers to wearing your shirt the wrong way round. You never know quite how long they are going to stick around. And at the moment there is a trend in blogging where working non stop is fashionable.

“The aim was relaxation, great food and good vibes only.”

Whilst I’m all for working as hard as you can for the life you want, It’s really important that I make time for myself and the people I care about most. Sometimes my drive and ambition tricks me into thinking I have to work all the hours to keep up but in reality being happy is what keeps you progressing forward. So as the weather warmed up and Summer made it’s entrance it was time to throw my annual Picnic where we all embrace the hedonistic atmosphere Summer brings. The aim was relaxation, great food and good vibes only.

Firstly it was about showing my appreciation for the girls who had stuck by me throughout the trials and tribulations of the last year. It’s not easy being friends with a work-a-holic so I fully appreciate their patience and loyalty. But this had to be special.

I picked my location carefully, looking for shade amongst the orchard of trees to protect us from the scorching Summer sun, capturing the breeze as it whistled over the hill.

I lay out the vintage blankets side by side and arranged the banquet of food I had pieced together for the occasion. Ice cold Mint & Cucumber infused water filled the keg, warm fresh bagels baked that morning, my favourite Cranberry & Wensleydale cheese from the local deli and for dessert we piled our bowls high with fresh fruit topped with the delicious Light & Free Yogurt from Danone which ensured our dessert benefitted from completely 0% added sugar and 0% fat free whilst still being absolutely delicious.

Processed with VSCOcam with a5 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset

The entire day was a complete success, if I do say so myself.

We danced barefoot in the grass, we laughed endlessly, and what is a Picnic in 2016 without a little boomerang action to finish.

As the sun set over Willen Lake, the boys joined us, dozing on the blankets in the late evening heat of the Great British Summer. These are the days that I work so hard to be able to experience, to be able to thank those who keep my feet firmly on the ground at all times.

This Post is in Sponsored Collaboration with Danone.

1. Adele 2nd August 2016 / 7:50 am

I loved watching Ali’s vlog of your picnic & seeing the Snapchat footage. I so agree with you, that it’s important to find the right work/life balance.

2. Anastasiia G 2nd August 2016 / 10:27 am

These days are the best to catch up with your friends, good food and amazing green views. Looks like you’ve a had a lot of fun over there! So pretty <3

P.S. And yet you've kinda worked 😉

3. Mili 2nd August 2016 / 10:58 am

Great post, Lydia! I love the photos, and I also loved watching Ali’s vlog seeing how much effort you’re putting into things 🙂

4. Lisa 2nd August 2016 / 11:57 am

This picnic looks absolutely perfect! You’ve inspired me to throw one for my friends this summer!
    Lisa xx

5. Beth 2nd August 2016 / 2:26 pm

Looks like so much fun, what a lovely idea 🙂 xx

Beth x

6. Jill 2nd August 2016 / 3:49 pm

This looks so amazing!!!!
    Jill D Blog

7. Farah 3rd August 2016 / 12:52 am

Beautiful pictures, and writing. Picnics are the most lovely way to spend an evening. We have just move to the coast and our current favourite way to spend an evening is to make our meal, wrap it up and eat it on the beach as the sun goes down. Bliss.
    Farah X

8. Miki 5th August 2016 / 11:56 am

Loved this vlog on YouTube. The flying camcorder is so amazing! You look great and the picnic looked like a lot of fun. My hubby and I did a picnic a few weeks ago and blogged about it too. They’re such fun ways to relax and step away from all the work.

9. Primrose 6th August 2016 / 6:34 pm

Absolutely gorgeous pictures, down time is so important when you’re a workaholic! Love the idea of an annual picnic – this one looks so yummy! x

10. Katie 7th August 2016 / 7:09 am

What a lovely picnic 🙂 Makes me dream of the warmer days!

11. Joanna 7th August 2016 / 8:50 pm

I’m planning to organise a picnic this summer and I’m currently looking for inspiration. I must say that yours is one of the most beautiful I’ve seen so far! I’m also glad you were able to relax.

I’ve been following your blog for a while and I’m in love with how your photos look. I’d love to read a tutorial on how you edit photos for your blog, think about it!

12. Wenda 10th August 2016 / 1:38 am

Hai lydia love all your pics on your blog, may i know what lens you use to capture this coz i also use epl7, thanks so much

13. Carli van Heerden 14th August 2016 / 3:33 am

This is such a great idea! So unique and must have been such a treat! 🙂 Absolutely love following your journey. Thanks for always inspirating me! All my love Xo

14. Dani 17th August 2016 / 3:34 pm

How have I just seen this post?! It’s so crazy, I remember seeing your picnic last year on snapchat, THAT MEANS I’VE BEEN WATCHING YOU (in a none stalker way) FOR A YEAR!

Gorgeous as ever x

15. Chelsea 23rd August 2016 / 11:53 am

What an amazing idea – gorgeous post. Loved the photos.