Meal Prep in under 15 minutes

Last week, I had the pleasure of Anouska’s company before a trip. I some how managed to get her in the kitchen cooking dinner for us all, I know I have like this talent when it comes to avoiding cooking. But not anymore! Anouska knocked up the easiest stir fry, so easy in fact that even I could do it. So as soon as I returned from my travels I set about putting my new found culinary skills to the test. And it quickly became apparent that these meal’s were so easy that I could make them in bulk as part of my meal prep.

You Will Need

3 Peppers

1Tsp Coconut oil

2 x Packs Egg Noodles

2 x handfuls of Cashews

2 x sachet Stir fry sauce

Tupper wear boxes

Prep time : Under 15 minutes

No. of servings : Four

To start I melt the teaspoon of coconut oil into a medium sized Wok, it probably should be large but I’m just not that organised. While the oil melts I dice the peppers to a comfortable size. I say comfortable because vegetables are a new addition to my diet in the last 5 years and the smaller the size the less noticeable I find their presence. Odd I know.

I fry the peppers gently for about 5 minutes, stirring often until I add in the cashews. You may obviously use whatever addition you please, Chicken, prawns etc. However Anouska is a vegetarian so I tried it her way and it was De-licious!

Ensuring the peppers and cashews are lightly coated in the coconut oil I allow them to fry for just a little longer than I should, I enjoy the crunch. I then break up the egg noodles and add them to the wok. The difficult part is ensuring the nuts and peppers are adequately mixed in to the noodles before adding in the sauce. It’s an art, I’m sure of it.

Finally, mix in the two sachets of sauce until an even coat covers the noodles. Remove from the heat and divide between 4 tupperwear boxes and, if you have a cat, close the lids whilst they cool on the work top. Once adequately cooled, pop in the fridge and reheat for Lunch or Dinner with zero fuss. Regardless of the costΒ of each meal, the time you will save is priceless. Not to mention almost completely Β eliminating the chances of taking out a spoon and snacking on the open peanut butter jar in the cupboard.

What are your current favourite easy meals?

This post was shot on the Olympus PEN E-PL7 & 45mm lens.

1. Alicia bond 14th October 2015 / 7:30 am

This looks super duper delicious, Lydia <3

• lydia 14th October 2015 / 2:07 pm

I literally just had it for lunch, it’s so good!x

2. Adele 14th October 2015 / 9:31 am

Yummy! These look delicious & I love a good stir fry! For me, I would want to add more veggies that you would typically find in stir fries, so it would count more towards my 5 a day!

• lydia 14th October 2015 / 10:28 am

Yes I’m still relatively new to veggies so I’m easing myself in gently I’m not huge fan of onion etc etc x

3. Kerry 14th October 2015 / 10:03 am

wow Lydia your images are so beautiful every time! How is it possible that Tupperware and noodles look this good? Haha love this idea, will have to give it a go πŸ™‚

• lydia 14th October 2015 / 2:08 pm

Oh kerry thank you so much! if I’ve managed to make it look good then I am over the moon thank you! xx

4. Tamsin 14th October 2015 / 1:51 pm

This looks so tasty and is just what I’ve been looking for.
    I work in an office where we only have a microwave, zero heating and if you want hot water you have to boil it in a kettle (It’s a converted woollen mill in Scotland – we design and build scenery for theatres so we can’t really afford basic amenities.)It definitely makes putting together hot lunches interesting, so thank you for this post as I’ve been desperately been looking for some nutritious hot lunch options to keep me going as the days get colder.
    Out of interest are there any stir fry sauces that you would recommend? Do you get a better flavour with something out of a packet or would a combination of something like soy sauce and sesame oil also work?

Thanks! πŸ™‚

• lydia 18th October 2015 / 11:30 pm

Hey Tamsin,
      Honestly I just wouldnt know where to begin making a sauce, however I’m going to try! if you can make it yourself I would suggest doing it πŸ™‚

• lydia 18th October 2015 / 11:31 pm

Ohhhh I hope it went well πŸ™‚ x

5. Carolyn 14th October 2015 / 4:32 pm

I also use quinoa or uncle bens rice which are quick and easy to use, soba noodles (Japanese for buckwheat) are a healthy alternative to egg noodles πŸ™‚ xx

• lydia 18th October 2015 / 11:31 pm

I will have to try the Soba Noodles next πŸ™‚ x

6. Nataly G 14th October 2015 / 5:01 pm

Lydia that looks yummy! And your pictures are so on point! ????????

• lydia 18th October 2015 / 11:32 pm

Thanks Nataly, I’m always trying to improve :)x

7. Dani Mendocha | Styled Variety 14th October 2015 / 5:48 pm

This recipe looks so easy and delicious! Some of my favorite easy meals are grilled chicken and salmon as well as roasted veggies, all prepared with just coconut oil and some spices. Thanks for sharing this stir fry recipe, can’t wait to try! πŸ™‚

– Dani |

8. Angelina 14th October 2015 / 6:47 pm

This looks soooo good neeeeeed to give this a try ! I have no wok though…so hopefully I can still make it work haha

Angelina x

9. Zita jaNe 14th October 2015 / 11:05 pm

This looks so delicious and your images are incredible! I’ve just purchased my Olympus camera which I love, but I’m yet to use it to this standard!

Zita Jane | Twenty Four

10. Rachel 15th October 2015 / 1:29 pm

This looks so yummy! I need to start meal prepping a bit more, then I can enjoy lots of yummy foods without the hassle!

Rachel – Cake Doesn’t Count x

11. Sabrina 17th October 2015 / 7:43 pm

This looks very easy to do and yummy…I will definitely try this next week. I am always out of time!

12. El 18th October 2015 / 7:09 pm

Lydia, I am in Love with your photography, do you use the olympus camera for all your photos ?

13. Olivia 21st October 2015 / 10:40 am

Hi Lydia
    Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t these stir fry Sauces like Hoision or Black Bean Sauce for example not full of sugar and lots of salts (more worried about the sugar…)?

• lydia 21st October 2015 / 11:32 pm

Hey Olivia,
      You might be right, I personally look at Calorie count rather than salt and sugars but considering I have egg whites for breakfast and Avocado and chicken for lunch all without even a dollop of ketchup, I allow myself that little sachet of sauce. πŸ™‚ x

• Olivia 23rd October 2015 / 10:29 am

Hi Lydia

Thanks for the reply. I was just wonderig about your opinion to high(er) sugary foods like this sauce for example. Cos we all know sugar makes u fat. But I guess u are right, a little bit won’t crash everything…. πŸ˜‰ x

• lydia 24th October 2015 / 9:51 am

Hey Olivia, I guess it all comes down to what you are training/dieting for. as mentioned I eat completely clean throughout the day so this sauce won’t make me fat when spread over 4 or 5 meals. X