Looking good inside & out.

SW3 SW2 SW9 SW6 SW7 SW1 SW4 SW8 SW5And just like a butterfly, I emerge from my monochrome workout wardrobe as the temperature continues to rise across the UK. For my first experience of a Sweaty Betty Spring/Summer collection, I decided I wasn’t going to do it half hearted. Opting for the most vibrant and uplifting colours and prints I could find. But this brand and collection offers so much more than on-trend fabrics. As a more premium sportswear brand the quality of the fabrics used, attention to detail and most importantly, the body-forming fit really are what earn the brand it’s premium stripes.

The “Adrenaline Run Capri” leggings firmly support the shape of my legs (in other words, these beauts have got your wobbly bits on lock down) whilst also taking you from the squat rack to the yoga mat and out the door on a 10km run without a second thought. The matching “Home Straight” bra boasts the same supportive qualities without the feeling of being in a straight jacket, I like the ladies supported not restricted! Toning down the prints I teamed the set with the “Attitude Dance” hoodie which got so much love on my Snapchat, this is the kind of quality we all want to slip on after a killer workout with it’s cashmere blend and slim fit. Finishing off the outfit with my colour matching Fill&Go bottle from Brita because it’s just as important what we put in our bodies as is what we put on our bodies and these bottles are keeping “fit fashionista’s” the world over hydrated to the max.

When I train in the gym I like to see every inch of my silhouette, because thats where I see the changes. I don’t want to be staring at those changes in an ill fitting pair of see through leggings (oh yeah, no VPL in this joint) or a constricting sports bra. I want to watch my body change as I stand in front of the studio mirror and I want to like everything that I find staring back at me.

Tom Ford once said “Dressing well is a form of good manners.” and that rings true as much in the gym as it does on the runway.

Hoodie – Sweaty Betty     Sports Bra – Sweaty Betty     Leggings – Sweaty Betty     Water Bottle – Brita Fill&Go     Trainers – Nike     Hairband – Invisibobble

1. steph banks 23rd March 2015 / 7:43 am

Love those leggings! I think having nice looking sports wear helps you to want to work out!

2. Donna 23rd March 2015 / 8:57 am

Love this outfit! I’m starting to wear more bright colours, all off my workout gear is dark.

3. Elena 23rd March 2015 / 10:08 am

Love the leggins, well I love the entire outfit! I’m looking into some sportswear and this seems great!
    Loved this post (well, I love every single post of yours!)

4. audrey leighton 23rd March 2015 / 2:23 pm

i love these photos. i remember my first ever sweaty betty sportsbra, i wore it until it was threadbare. you make the brand come to life here lydia, so lovely watching your photography get better and better. you are killing it babe

5. Cori Scherer 23rd March 2015 / 2:45 pm

Love the sleeveless hoodie, Lydia! I’ve been wanting to add one of those to my fitness wardrobe for a while now — And you make it look even more stylish.

6. AStrid 24th March 2015 / 4:00 pm

Love your posts and your whole outlook. I was one of your followers who saw and loved this top. Have now ordered. Maybe I need the leggings too, lol.

7. Jojo 3rd April 2015 / 2:34 pm

Hello Lydia,

I have been following your blog for a while and I love it! I have a question, that you surely know the answer to. I am looking for the perfect pair of black leggings, that don’t see through when I bend over and hold everything in place, a bit like these ones in the post.
    Thank you! X

8. FELICIA 28th May 2015 / 11:28 am

Lovley blog! I was just wondering, which fonts do you have in your blogtitle and blogposts?