Your Choice

Images C/O –
I receive e-mail after e-mail asking be how I motivate myself to hit the gym 5 times a week. Admittedly I don’t always fulfill this promise to myself, life has a funny way of throwing obstacles at us that need to be tackled first. But 5 sessions is always the aim!
What got me started on my fitness journey in the first place was seeing first hand, the effects that it has on my boyfriends confidence and the way he feels about his body. I took a long hard look at myself and had to admit that I didn’t feel an ounce of what he felt, as ashamed as I am to write this, jealousy took hold.
I’d spent too long hating my body that it made me realise something had to change, so I bought myself some trainers and just started running.
It quickly escalated from there but motivating myself to fulfill my aim of 5 sessions a week was the hard part, I found blogs and Tumblr to be helpful with fitspo images but none even came close to instagram, being able to browse the hashtags and follow the progress of the bodies I wanted to achieve was the biggest motivation I have found to date.
I’ve never been the type of girl to sit there and watch others live out my dreams and with every instagram update they push me closer to the body I want. Rather than look at them through the eyes of a green eye’d monster I look through my own eyes with the view of success in the background.
All that said, it isn’t them who MAKE me move my butt, that is my choice, its your choice too…What it really comes down to is how bad you want it? and I just wasn’t happy being the girl who WISHED she had that body…So I chose not to be.

1. Selina 4th July 2013 / 4:59 pm

:O You are my motivation!

2. Jessica-Chelsey 4th July 2013 / 6:06 pm

I struggle more with the motivation to eat well..
    I love the gym and the way I feel after working out but I love all the wrong foods…
    Any tips for beating cravings? I would love to see a post on what you eat, you are my inspiration! X

3. Charlie 5th July 2013 / 11:55 am

ahhh i loved this! sometimes i think people want you to pick they up and carry them to the gym haha. aha also its important to remember you have to keep at it, don’t stop going if you havnt seen results after one week it takes time! I’ve still got a long way to go but working out is just apart of my life now 🙂

Charlie xx

4. lou 6th July 2013 / 6:39 pm

Hello Lydia,

I’m also taking the freedom of leaving you this comment because I’m currently working on a fashion-related dissertation for my MSc. I’m doing a survey about the perception of young women towards today’s fashion luxury brands, and if you, or any of your lovely reader, could take 5 mins and complete it, that would help me a lot 🙂
    Here is the link of my survey:
    Thank you very much!

Lou ♥
    Ps:I wish you all the luck on your fitness goals! and the porridge on second picture looks very yummy!

5. Anonymous 14th July 2013 / 11:43 am

hi! how much did you lost weight? or did you calculate bf%? you look great!:)

6. Anonymous 18th October 2013 / 7:40 pm

Instagram has been, is and I think will always be my biggest motivation. Daily pictures, quotes, memes, tips on exercising and nutrition are doing an amazing trick on the mental. Seriously, fitness and IG is one of the best things 🙂

Ps. You look beautiful. I really love your honesty in this post 🙂 Ali and you look really good together too. kisses from Montreal ! xx