HOW TO KEEP SKIN HYDRATED ON THE GO

This post is a sponsored editorial with ELEMIS.

I've been out of the office a fair bit over the last few weeks, a brief stint at LFW, meeting after meeting and photoshoots all over the UK mean I'm often out of my comfort zone, but also my routine.

I work most efficiently when I have a sound routine and the rest of my life tends to follow suit, therefore its noticeable when said routine, falls apart.

I like to rise early , I feel most productive when I do and I immediately drink 1ltr of water. Breakfast is usually eggs, 1 yolk 2 whites & a cup of coffee. Following this, I refill my water bottle and get to work on my day, sipping away as I do and it's a good day if I've consumed 3ltrs by the time I shut my laptop for the day.

All of my skincare, both morning and night-time routines are centred around hydrating my skin, because as regular readers will know, my skin lacks moisture.

With this month being so incredibly hectic, with little time to even eat let alone consume my usual levels of water I have to ensure I step up my skincare accordingly.

Meet my secret weapon, the new ELEMIS Hydra-Boost Serum which reduces water loss whilst also reinforcing the skin's natural moisture barrier and provides continuous 24 hour hydration for your skin. When I know I'm gonna be on the go all day or I simply need an extra boost, I have a few tips and tricks for ensuring all is not lost, including hydration.

SKINCARE

A good skincare routine will set the tone for your day ahead and if you are out of the office all day you will want to make sure it is centred around hydration. On days like these I cleanse using the ELEMIS Biotec Cleanser, which kick starts the skin whilst also protecting it from the environment, perfect for being in the City. I love this cleanser because not only is it effective at cleansing and purifying, but its also one of the most cost effective cleansers to date. I'm pretty sure I've been using this same bottle for months and it's only half empty!

The ELEMIS Hydra-Boost Serum is also a key player in my daily skincare currently, not just the days when I'm OOO. Working in perfect harmony with the ELEMIS Hydra-boost day cream to increase hydration by 77% it also leaves me skin enviably soft, supple and perfectly prepped for a face of make-up to tackle the day ahead. The serum boasts a light weight non greasy formula which absorbs into the skin rather than sitting on the surface making it the perfect pre foundation prep.

LIQUIDS

I often worry, when I'm out and about, that I wont be able to find a ladies room when I'm attempting to get my daily fluids so wherever possible I opt for coconut water (which I know is an acquired taste) with replaces the electrolytes lost through your sweat, which is inevitable on the London Underground, whatever the season.

WATER RICH FOODS

I do a fair bit of eating when I'm running around the place in and out of meetings so another way to replace lost fluids and keep skin hydrated is eating foods with a high water content such as vegetables. Now I'm not the biggest fan of the green stuff but cucumber, crunchy salads, peppers and broccoli are my go to on days super hectic days.

SG1A0740

24 Comments

1. Dixi Wonderland 15th March 2017 / 9:50 am

I love your blog posts! They are so professional but I would love to see a lot more outfits posted here 🙂

2. Liena Snow 15th March 2017 / 12:40 pm

Looks so great, amazing post, as always 🙂 You are so lovely Lydia!
    I just wish to try everything you mention, it is really great products usually.
    Much love xx

3. Diana 15th March 2017 / 12:56 pm

I really need some sort of hydrating boost serum back in my skin care routine. I used to have one but once I ran out I figured that I could change my serum to an overnight detox oil, boy what a difference in my skin without the hydration serum. This is a great option! 🙂

4. Azanah 15th March 2017 / 1:17 pm

I like the suggestion of water rich foods! I had never thought of that before .

5. fannyanddailybeauty 15th March 2017 / 2:49 pm

I’m just the same: I’m more at ease and productive when I have a proper routine. I love the Elemis Biotec Cleanser as well, it’s so lovely and refreshing in the morning and as you said, a bottle last ages! The Hydra Boost Serum sounds really good as well!

6. Adele 15th March 2017 / 4:50 pm

Beautiful staging & photography Lydia. Even though I drink about 4 litres of water a day I’ve noticed that as I’m getting older my skin needs more & more hydration. Is the cleanser a foaming cleanser, oil based or a balm?

7. Diana Free 15th March 2017 / 10:35 pm

These products look very nice. Also, your nail varnish is the perfect chrome shade.

8. kamen kamenov 17th March 2017 / 1:30 pm

Darling i have to say…excellen work on that blog post… the pictures are so perfect… good job to Ali if he was taking them. Elemis products are just amazing. Keep up the good work.

9. Natalie 18th March 2017 / 1:54 pm

Looks like a great brand!

10. Romy 18th March 2017 / 7:37 pm

Elemis sounds like a lovely brand. I’d love to try it out.

Great photography and nice post! Your blog is literally my favourite when it comes to quality.

xo Romy
    Rusty Revolvers

11. Lisa Autumn 20th March 2017 / 4:50 pm

Wanted to try Elemis for aaaaages!

xx Lisa
    lisaautumn.com

12. Isabella 23rd March 2017 / 12:20 am

The photography used in your beauty pieces are so elegant!

Love your work Lyds xx

13. Immy May 23rd March 2017 / 12:58 pm

Great tips Lydia! I have a few Elemis bits which are my fave, but I also agree that staying hydrated helps SO much. Drinking water doesn’t come naturally to me, but after investing in a lovely water bottle – I seem to be drinking a lot more weirdly haha! I also really like coconut water – especially the pineapple one! Immy x

14. Yogita 27th March 2017 / 3:01 pm

Your photos are always so beautiful Lydia! x