Festive Outerwear for the Party Season

A32 - 10 A32 - 1 It makes me cold just thinking about the way I used to dress at this time of year when I was younger. Bare legs didn’t phase me, a mini dress was always in style and I could rarely be bothered to queue for the coat room so I simply didn’t bring one.

“I could rarely be bothered to queue for the coat room so I simply didn’t bring one.”

Now a days I find it just as enjoyable and satisfying, searching for, selecting and wearing the perfect festive outerwear as I do wearing it, being absolutely toasty and quietly smug about it.

So I’ve teamed up with online designer store Avenue 32 to pick my favourite festive outerwear for the Party season obviously starting with this stunning item from Vivetta.

Christmas Red

It’s not often that I wear red, but if ever there was a time of year for it, it would be now and this fur collared, Pillbox red coat from Vivetta with Military accents but feminine flare I absolutely fell in love. Kept simple with high-waisted black denim, Over the knee black boots and a metallic cross body bag, the coat is the total focal point of the outfit. This option is most definitely the dressier option for the festive season, ensuring you look great whilst also encapsulating festive cheer. Perfect for Christmas market dates and multiple glasses of mulled wine.

Shop The Coats @ Avenue32

A32 - 9 A32 - 7 A32 - 5

Faux Fur

Faux Fur is fail safe. Whenever it is bitterly cold outside and I simply cannot pile on enough layers to combat it, faux fur it the only option. Avenue32 Stocks the stunning and unique brand Shrimps which offers classic fabrics with colourful twists injecting personality and fun into what is usually an extremely chic option.

Shop Shrimps Faux Fur

The “Coatigan”

Festive doesn’t need to be fancy and sometimes a good old hybrid of a snuggly cardigan and a statement coat is exactly what you need. This statement stripe Coatigan from Isabel Marant Etoile is the perfect layering option for the colder months whilst easily dressing up with leather trousers, heels and a crisp white shirt. The touch of red is always a nice festive addition.

Shop The “Coatigan” now

A32 - 4 A32 - 11 A32 - 2

Delicate Details

The floral embroidered cape from Vilshenko is the ultimate high end outerwear piece. With the intricate embroidery taking centre stage on even the most simple of black outfits. Smart black jeans and a top handle bag making the perfect partners for a festive, feminine and most importantly, warm, coat!

Shop The Embroidered Cape

The Dressing Gown

What’s better than wearing a dressing gown all day? Not a lot to be perfectly honest. So we have a lot to thank the person who came up with that idea for, that is for sure. This belted wool duster coat from Harris Wharf London  is a simplistic and timeless option for the girl that doesn’t want to get out of bed, so basically the large majority. It’s deep brown tone compliments cable knit creams and freshly shined chelsea boots perfectly with the “v” neckline allowing for statement earth toned scarfs to make an appearance.

Shop The Dressing gown

A32 - 6 A32 - 3 A32 - 8

28 Comments

1. Isabella 16th November 2016 / 7:36 am

So interesting Lydia – you are always inspiring me to give some second thought to items that I would never consider. I love the red on you and how you style it so elegantly.
    xx

2. lauren 16th November 2016 / 8:26 am

Wow, I wear black on black all day every day and this coat is making me rethink that! Beautiful and classy as always! Just subbed to your blog and YouTube channel.

3. Adele 16th November 2016 / 8:48 am

The coat looks super gorgeous on you Lydia!

4. Adriana 16th November 2016 / 11:10 am

You look so gorgeous in red Lydia! Love the coat!

Sigma Beauty Giveaway – The Black Blush

5. Rosie von Waldherr 16th November 2016 / 12:43 pm

The coat is to die for!!! So pretty! I also don’t wear much red, but when I do people seem to really like it and always compliment me. I also think the colour looks lovely on you. And the details of the coat are so pretty!

xoRosie // Rosie’s Life

6. Primrose 16th November 2016 / 1:33 pm

Beautiful shots girly, as always! That coat is damn beautiful, so unique! I’m definitely a fan of the dressing gown style too! x

7. Nazo 16th November 2016 / 8:22 pm

Beautiful red coat. Wish all coats had such cosy collars. Faze not phase.

8. Sigute 16th November 2016 / 11:31 pm

The detailing on the red coat is gorge! Love the whole look 🙂 Oh – and I completely remember my own bare legs in winter… and I live in Canada!! Brrr

9. leila 17th November 2016 / 1:45 am

Girl, always looking stunning – this look is wonderful. I can’t help but look up to you as an inspiration with fashion

fashionflurry4.wordpress.com

10. Astrid 17th November 2016 / 9:58 am

Having major coat envy. I have a cupboard full of coats but can’t help constantly buying more!

11. Dominique 17th November 2016 / 9:24 pm

I just bought a cashmere coatigan! Haha! Glad to see I’m on trend! You look lovely in that red coat, and the Bulgari bag? PERFECT.

12. Amanda Florian 19th November 2016 / 3:56 pm

I ADORE this red coat!!! I never would think to wear a red coat myself either, but the collar and details make it stunning. Beautiful photos as usual <3

13. Milica 20th November 2016 / 2:24 pm

Hi Lydia, I love your style, you look stunning!
    Can you make a video or blogpost ‘How to style chelsea boots’?
    I know you love wearing them, I would love to see your suggestions!
    xx