38Lets not beat around the bush, the transition seasons are pretty special, the colours and ย those bright fresh mornings fill me with excitement every time I wake.

But dressing for them is another ball game entirely and I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t been caught out a few times by the erratic weather, we all remember my Chanel Espadrille experience now don’t we, hashtag footwear fail.

Fabrics get thicker, layering gets more fun and the tones and textures of everyday outfits begin to change. So for a fool proof dressing this “Pre Fall” you can find some helpful hints below.

Winter White Shirt

I wonder if my love affair with the white shirt will ever fade but for now I am looking for all the ways to up my shirt game each season. Out with the light weight linens and in with some thicker, heavier Cottons, the newest being this Oxford Shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch. A brand that is not only running things in the shirt department but also taking destroyed denim to another level but we shall get to that later.

This 100% Cotton Oxford shirt offers a durable yet preppy-casual addition to your pre-fall wardrobe, perfect for layering over basics or layering under biker jackets meaning should the weather suddenly and dramatically change as it is so well known to here in the UK, you are just a layer or two away from comfort again.

34 36

ย Tonal Dressing

Think earth tones like browns, burnt oranges and greys. Subtle additions of these tones really bring your outfits into the Autumn colour pallet. I like to add more camels, beiges and browns into mine from the outset, starting with this leather belt which also looks great around a bit chunky knit cardigan on those colder days.

They may have spent the Summer in the Loft but for the transition season and the season ahead, boots will be your best friend. Keeping your feet warmer so that you can bare the last of your Summer bronzed pins just a little longer.

39 31 37 1600

Denim Thats Seen Better Days

Another nod to Abercrombie & Fitch with their current pre fall denim collection that sets the standard when it comes to denim in general. The fabrics are comfortable and wearable whilst the washes of the denim are authentic vintage to the highest quality. The holes, rips and tears allow for the the fabrics to breath whilst also being heavy enough in weight for far more Autumnal dressing.

Autumnal, what a great word.

Autumn Beauty Hues

You can also inject Autumn hues via your make up with deep berry shades and dark matte nudes to begin the transition of your wardrobe. I am currently loving the Pop range from Clinique, Rouge-Expert from ByTerry and NARS Velvet glide in Stripped.

Photography by Reece Champan.

This post is sponsored by Abercombie & Fitch.

1. Fowzia Madar 26th September 2016 / 8:41 am

Such a great post with amazing tips, those boots are gorgeous,

2. La Bijoux Bella | by mia 26th September 2016 / 8:58 am

Simply beautiful . . . Adore the look of the gold boots with edgy shorts! ๐Ÿ™‚

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

3. Carolin 26th September 2016 / 9:03 am

Love this post! I think it’s really great to have some key pieces that help you to make your wardrobe ready for autumn ๐Ÿ™‚

Caro x

4. Adele 26th September 2016 / 9:25 am

Totally crushing on your boots Lydia!

5. Charlie 26th September 2016 / 10:05 am

Great post Lydia, and love those Gucci boots(serious boot envy right here)! I’m really re-kindling my love affair with the white shirt, having spent the last few years steering well clear of them (5 years of forced wear at school, followed by a further 5 years of forced wearing in waitressing and retail jobs made me a little adverse to white shirts!) – they are so versatile and instantly add a classic element to any outfit! xx

6. Carina 26th September 2016 / 10:43 am

These boots are everything! & again you are looking gorgeous + I also love that Abercrombie again creates such timeless pieces, back to basics it is xx
    You might want to take a look at my website, since I feel like our styles share some classic similarities, thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Eva 26th September 2016 / 2:07 pm

Love this outfit! The white shirt is a staple in my wardrobe too, I definitely think I need to invest in a thicker one for the winter months! Also, love those boots – they’re unique!

8. -H 27th September 2016 / 9:08 am

I absolutely love your style (and you) ๐Ÿ˜‰ I always waiting for the new videos, you are such a nice and “shiny” person ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Aleksandra 28th September 2016 / 9:17 pm

Really classy looking, especially love the boots

10. Paulynagore 30th September 2016 / 11:55 pm

Such a beautiful outfit! I’m in love with your booties and your bag of course! But i also love the shirt! I’m looking for the perfect white shirt actually ^^

11. Rebecca 2nd October 2016 / 9:21 am

Flawless as always

12. Malvina 2nd October 2016 / 4:14 pm

Lydia, I love this post! I follow you for quite some time now and just wanted to take the opportunity and say: Great work! You inspire me so much that I actually started my own Blog. I love the way you designed your blog and now I really know how much work you must have put into designing it yourself. Well done!
    I just recently did a blogpost on my fall fashion faves and I’d be honored if you’d check it out:
    Keep up the great work!