Be Prepared for ANYTHING

Processed with VSCOcam with hb1 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with hb1 preset

Ali and I have a bit of a brand mantra when it comes to every day life. Whether it’s deciding on an outfit the night before so I don’t miss the 09:10am train to London Euston, or spending an hour or two ensuring our meals are cooked and in the fridge ready for when we feel like raiding the chocolate cupboard;

Preparation is key!

You are far more likely to actually do what you plan to do like hitting the gym, eating healthy or actually being on time for once if you plan a head for it and I will gladly take any tips or tricks on board to help me be more efficient.
I’ve recently rekindled my love affair with the 6:30am alarm; I use the word love as loosely as possible in this instance. After two long years I finally have a gym buddy and all is going well. But there are only 30 minutes between my alarm and my feet hitting the cross trainer, so I need to be prepared.

Processed with VSCOcam with hb1 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with hb1 preset

Last week I picked up the new Clinique gift, which saw them collaborate with American Artist Vera Neumann. The statement cosmetics pouch comes complete with the iconic signature butterfly print, both inside and out, with it also adorning the beautiful compact within. The pouch has everything I need to make me look human again after a 7am 5Km run and a grueling weights session and I can just throw it in my gym bag and go!

To cleanse my skin of all the blood, OK I’m exaggerating somewhat, Sweat, but there’s definitely a lot of that, and tears, I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t shed a few. I have a super handy travel size of my Clinique favourite, the Mild Liquid Facial Soap.
To follow up we have the Smart Custom SPF15 moisturiser, which is a new product for me to try, but so far it’s doing the trick, all that squinting and teeth gritting is not good for the ageing process.
Another newbie is the Sculptwear Serum, which I am yet to put through its paces but here’s hoping that it helps me achieve those Vicky Secret chiseled cheek bones on the days where I think my only option is to go back to bed.
And finally to finish and add a bit of life and colour to my complexion, we are packing the High Impact Mascara to open up my sleepy eyes, the Long Last Soft Matte lipstick in Matte Suede and the Limited Edition Blush and eyeshadow palette.  This means I am able to leave the gym, run some errands and not frighten little children in the process. Win!
This exclusive collaboration for John Lewis is available from 18th August to 3rd September and it’s free when you purchase two or more Clinique products online or in store, making a really great gift for you, a loved one or even your gym bag. For more information click here.

This post is in sponsored collaboration with Clinique.

1. La Bijoux Bella | by mia 24th August 2016 / 7:38 am

I love Clinique beauty products too. I have been using them on and off since the late 80’s. Their products only improve through time. Love it! Simply beautiful post! 😉

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

2. Adele 24th August 2016 / 7:51 am

Great post Lydia! I’m the same with my swim bag – I’m in the pool at 7am so need to prepare it the next day which includes what I’m going to wear, make up etc etc.

3. Giada 24th August 2016 / 9:29 am

Love these products! My pouch is similar when I go to the gym 🙂

Glam Observer

4. Aline 24th August 2016 / 8:40 pm

Hallo Lydia,

as always awesome pictures and beautifully written 🙂

5. Elise 27th August 2016 / 11:09 pm

I haven’t really used clinique but I have seen raves about the brand, but I have also heard its a bit harsh for skin

6. Katrina 1st September 2016 / 3:28 pm

I love that facial soap. This seems like a great idea because I go to the gym before work so need to have everything in there! I also love the City Block sunscreen, I use it everyday 🙂

7. Melissa 3rd September 2016 / 2:02 pm

I’ve been hearing nothing but amazing things about Clinique lately. You’ve inspired me to put together a travel bag!

8. Gemma 4th September 2016 / 11:42 pm

You have great skin Lydia! I definitely need to prepare more, as you said it helps when going to the gym. Maybe some more food prep would be good too, sometimes I can’t bare to cook after a long (and stressful!) day at work.

Gemma x
    The Gem Agenda – A UK Lifestyle Blog

9. Jessica 5th September 2016 / 9:50 pm

As always great post Lydia! I also love Clinique products, going to have to try out the facial soap 🙂

10. Jessica 5th September 2016 / 9:52 pm

As always great post Lydia! I love Clinique products, going to have to try out the facial soap 🙂

11. Katie Phillips 11th September 2016 / 1:01 pm

This couldn’t be any more true my alarm is always 5am so I can cram as much into my day as possible so without preparation the night before I’d be lost!

You also look amaaaaazing!!!

12. Amy Simpson 11th September 2016 / 2:47 pm

Lydia such a great post!! I love mini travel versions of my favourite toiletries! I have them all in my gym bag I just fail at being prepared enough to fit the gym in! Thanks for reminding me what a difference prepping can make!!

Amy x

13. kandja 14th September 2016 / 6:01 am

Thanks for sharing gorgeous!
    I always feel more productive and less stressed out when I’ve set myself up for success.
    BTW, that butterfly makeup bag is seriously so cute… And I LOVE their mild liquid facial cleanser. It’s so gentle on the skin and smells so light and fresh xx