How To Style the Satin Bomber Jacket

I’d toyed with the idea for a while, a bomber jacket, was it all just a little too “Kylie Jenner” for me? It was until I saw Olivia Palermo rocking this exact style in her very own classically feminine way. I was inspired to say the least and purchased it immediately.

Layered over a “boyfriend shirt” and lingerie, kept me content with my usual contrasting style whilst giving the whole ‘shebang’ a dressing down with old ripped denim and those infamous Dior shoes. I love the way the deep claret red details of the embroidery contrast with the blushed tones from the peak-a-boo lace cami. So here’s what you will need;

The Satin Bomber

Satin being the most important part. The sheen gives the whole outfit a luxe feel and whether you choose embroidery of not the fabric really does finish the outfit. From Gucci to Boohoo there is a satin bomber for all budgets but by far my favourite so far is this reversible, yes thats two for the price of one, bomber from Topshop with deep black and red tones to one side and bright white and blue to the other making it great value for money and extremely versatile.

Old Denim

I’m just not a fan of crisp denim. I like mine to tell a story, to have history and character. This pair have travelled the world with me from flights to Las Vegas to being knee deep in mud in the Cotswolds and their imperfections tell their story for them. They cost me £14 and I’ve loved them as if they were £100.

Boyfriend Shirts

White, blue or striped, I simply don’t care as long as they are dishevelled, worn, still smelling slightly of him. Although these day’s he is in luck, as we may not need to steal his as often now there are so many great options available on the high street and the good news is, you can get as much foundation on the collar as you like.

Processed with VSCOcam with a5 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a5 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a5 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a5 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a5 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a5 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a5 preset

1. Majean 8th July 2016 / 8:29 am

Love the bomber jacket trend as I think it’ll be a staple and the way you styled it. I agree the material is important for that feminine yet casual look. Nice pairing!

2. Adele 8th July 2016 / 8:34 am

So in love with this look. Like you, at first I didn’t think this trend was for me, but I bought the gorgeous Topshop quilted blush bomber jacket & haven’t stopped wearing it! I’m definitely going to take inspiration from you with the layered boyfriend shirt – you look gorgeous!

3. Hanna 8th July 2016 / 9:56 am

I got bomber jacket not a while ago,but i did not know how to style it. This combination is very inspiring and i am going to try it. Also congratulations on wearing those Dior heels

4. Kristina Kuznesova 8th July 2016 / 1:35 pm

I love you, Lydia. One of the best blogs out there!!!

5. Eva 8th July 2016 / 3:43 pm

Despite everything you’ve said about these dior heels, i still want them. lol. They’re are just so so beautiful! D:

6. Caroline 8th July 2016 / 4:04 pm

Agreed.. I too was not on the bandwagon of bomber jackets until recently.
    I wasn’t sure they were a style that would suit me, but like you and like everything, I think it’s just finding your own way to style it. 🙂
    You look gorgeous as always and love the casual style of this outfit.. apart from the killer

7. Lilli 8th July 2016 / 10:16 pm

Lydia, you look super stunning! Love how you’ve styled the bomber jacket and I love your shoes – super unique!

x Lilli
    please check out my fashionblog if you want:

8. Jill 9th July 2016 / 3:02 am

You look amazing, dear!
    Love this look 110% xx
    Jill D Blog

9. Carina 9th July 2016 / 5:58 am

I remember that pair of shoes from your video! Im glad you got to wear it out at least for this shoot!! 🙂 it looks too pretty!

x Carina

10. La Bijoux Bella | by mia 9th July 2016 / 2:31 pm

A fantastic way to sport a bomber jacket with the underlying lace featuring a slight seductive look. Tres chic! 🙂

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

11. Primrose 10th July 2016 / 9:21 pm

Love this – that bomber is killer and I love the Diors! Also love the wash of the denim, goes so well with the whole outfit! I’m totally obsessed with bombers at the moment! x

12. Emma 11th July 2016 / 8:05 pm

You are absolutely gorgeous Lydia, this outfit is so elegant yet casual, your sunglasses are super cool & I love the location & photography!

Emma at

13. Erin Henry 12th July 2016 / 12:29 am

I have always loved the look of bomber jackets but thought they made me look like a tomboy.
    These tips are the best for perfecting a feminine look.
    Thanks Lydia!

14. Theodora 14th July 2016 / 10:30 pm

What camera are these photos shot with!? They are stunning. Xoxo Theodora Van De Pol

15. Miki 14th July 2016 / 10:37 pm

Love your outfit. I was going to buy this bomber when it first came out, but I’m in Los Angeles and it’s so freaking hot most of the year that I couldn’t justify another bomber. Those shoes are so pretty, but when I see them, I feel kind of bad because I know you said they kind of hurt on your snaps and YouTube. Glad it’s a bit better to walk in after you padded them though because they’re so cute.

16. Lottie Gibbons 17th July 2016 / 10:18 am

Just binged watched all of your YT videos- is that bad!? hehe, but definitely the satin bomber jacket looks incredible on you, definitely a update on the throwback cotton ones (memories of twelve year old me in New Look!!) x

17. Megan Collins 18th July 2016 / 4:20 am

Hi Lydia!

Your blog is what inspired me to take the leap and start my own blog! I’m loving everything that you’re doing (snapchat especially!) and can’t wait to see what the future has instore for you! Also happy belated birthday to Lumi!