OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset

Every day my love of beauty intensifies. With every brush stroke I learn of more and more exciting techniques, products and essentials, beauty is something which never stops intriguing me and experimenting with my blank canvas is a source of daily excitement. But sometimes, just sometimes there are those few basic products, utterly essential to every day beauty, which are undoubtedly anything but Basic.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset

Serums and hair oils are not for everyone, especially those with soft fine hair. However even my horse hair can get bogged down with oils, meaning I need a refresh sooner than I ever expected. That three day wash rotation is seriously important and I don’t like to deter from the routine so I’m always on the look out for alternatives. Queue OUAI, never have I seen a buzz around a haircare brand like I did this one and as soon as it was in my possession all other products were swiftly put on the back burner until I had sussed this would-be game changer out.

“The end result is

luxurious shine with a touch of

The product it’s self reminds me of an old Bed Head finishing cream, I cant exactly remember what it was called but it came in a pink tube which resembled a microphone, I remember the shape well as that is exactly what I pretended it was whilst dancing around my bedroom to Destiny’s Child in my underwear.

But the Finishing Crème from OUAI is sophisticated. The scent is that of a woman who likes to take care of herself, she isn’t fruity or floral, she’s strong, deep and driven. The scent softens throughout the day but lingers on the hair subtly whilst the crème itself provides the lengths of your hair with a surge of moisture and shine as well as added heat protection, because this girl right here loves some deep heat styling I can tell you that for free. The end result is a luxurious shine with a touch of second-day-hair.

Shop The OUAI Collection

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset

The base, the fundamental, the foundation of the foundation; Priming your skin is where beautiful skin begins and it’s not just about the immediate result. It’s the continued care and protection your chosen primer has to offer which really switches things up.

If SPF isn’t at the forefront of your mind when selecting a primer then you seriously need to reevaluate your priorities because we aren’t getting any younger and the sun isn’t helping either. The problem I have come to face, pardon the pun,  when it comes to sun protection and make up is that they have had a conflict of interest over the passed few years. Your make up wants to stay, it wants to last an eternity but slathering a layer of every day SPF, with it’s softening creams & oils at the base of it all means it’s unlikely to succeed.

The Maestro UV Skin Defense Primer from Giorgio Armani Beauty is the whole package; a jaw dropping factor 50SPF which mattifies almost instantly on contact with your skin leaving you with a protected and perfected base which is ready for a touch of radiance c/o Fluid Sheer in shade 2 and some Luminous Silk for desert. You. Are. Welcome.

Shop The Armani Collection

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset

If there’s one thing a matte lipstick lover should never be without, it’s pocket sized baby wipes for when it all gets too much and you need a little refresh a lèvres. But if there’s two things, and I strongly suggest there is, it’s a good balm and I’m not talking petrolium jelly here, the name alone scares me, I’m talking nourishing, hydrating  balms that care for and prep your lips for the drying effects of matte lipsticks. The Chanel Hydra Beauty Balm, which I have raved about countless time is the perfect option for us girls that don’t have overly dry lips but need a little extra help here and there, like before lipstick application or after lip exfoliation. It doesn’t leave a glossy finish which means it works well to hydrate your lips in preparation for the colour of the day, which for me is nude, always nude.

Shop My BALM Essentials

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset

I never realised how important sleep would be. As a child I drifted off without a care in the world but as an adult I worry and stress over some really embarrassingly irrelevant crap sometimes which results in nothing more productive than dull tired eyes the following day, and possibly a mood to match. Right after an ice cold splash of water to my face and some brightening eyedrops, I reach for the softest, most pigmented White Kohl Liner from Zoeva.

“Now if only Zoeva could innovate

something for my god awful mood,

that really would be fabulous.”

In one sweep my eyes are wide, almost doll like and ready to seize the day. Now if only Zoeva could innovate something for my god awful mood, that really would be fabulous.

Shop the GRAPHIC eyes collection

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset

Shampoo/Conditioners, the “Skort” and the “Spork”, needless to say 2-in-1 products have never been held in considerably high regard but the new NARS 413 BLKR Blush duo is the product I never knew I needed. Offering up the pop of pink from the BLKR blush and a subtle soft reflective shimmer from the BLKR highlight, not only is the product a real innovation when it comes to a natural looking blush and highlight but its two full sized products in a handy compact that slips straight into the ever shrinking handbags of today’s bloggers.

Shop the BLKR collection

1. Adele 12th July 2016 / 7:41 am

Some great new products to try out…thanks for putting them on my radar Lydia. Really enjoyed reading such a well written/photographed post.

2. Lottie 12th July 2016 / 8:29 am

That Nars blush highlight duo looks amazing and right up my street. Will have to check it out.

3. Megann Mckinley 12th July 2016 / 8:33 am

I was looking for hair product that will be lightweight crème and protects my hair from heat styling. I need to try Finishing Crème from OUAI. Thanks for so many good recommendation.
    What is your favorite eyeliner . I am trying to find a good one because nothing really work for me that well ???? P.S. love you so much

4. Kat Rosa Olwen 12th July 2016 / 9:30 am

Love this post, a great layout with great writing and photography. Inspiring

Kat x x

5. Adele 12th July 2016 / 9:52 am

Lovely post as always Lydia. You are one of my favourite bloggers. Always feel inspired for my new posts too. I have serious hair envy for you right now as well haha 🙂

6. Pamela 12th July 2016 / 10:01 am

Always written so well Lydia how long have you been using Oui? X????

• Pamela 12th July 2016 / 10:03 am

Sorry not sure where all those question marks came from!! ????

7. Maddie 12th July 2016 / 10:19 am

Love this post so much Lydia! Amazing images and great content. Lots of love xo

8. La Bijoux Bella | by mia 12th July 2016 / 2:06 pm

Simplicity has never been more simple and beautiful as these products mentioned … Sometimes it’s all you need! 🙂

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

9. Marcia 12th July 2016 / 4:01 pm

Love the post! I’m a lover of nude lipstick and a beauty addict so I’m thrild you’re posting more about beauty lately. Can’t wait for what’s to come! Uh, and I love your pictures as well. You have no idea how much of an inspiration you are. Also, I have been coveting the Capocines bag by Louis Vuitton that you’ve been toting around, as it’s a lil bit out of my budget (:D) I set my eyes on the Michael Kors Portia in the size small. Do you have any thoughts on the Michael Kors bags?

10. Katie 12th July 2016 / 6:18 pm

How do you get away with not washing your hair every time after the gym? Need to know the secret to the 3 day washing!

11. Aasiyah 12th July 2016 / 10:47 pm

Loved this blogpost Lydia, beautiful basics!?????????
    I don’t mean to be rude in any way but I am a regular reader of your blog and would just like to query whether you would consider hiring a proofreader/ editor for your posts? Often, with words that have synonyms, I spot the wrong version of the word within your sentences???????? If so, I would love to be be given the job of proofreading posts before they go up.

You can get back to me @ I am I part time blogger myself, and love your channel and social media platforms. Keep doing what your doing, your hardwork is a huge inspiration to me! ????????????

12. Emma 13th July 2016 / 8:52 am

I love this style of curated review/’roundup’ posts, please keep including these in your redesigned blog 🙂

13. Sarah | scarletstate 13th July 2016 / 1:39 pm

Lovely post! I’m all about a touch of second day hair. Otherwise it’s just too soft to style or do anything with!

14. Beth 13th July 2016 / 7:45 pm

I am obsessed with your blog Lydia! Your photography is always soo beautiful.
    I always buy the things you recommend, so no doubt these items will find their way into my shopping basket very soon!
    Beth x

15. Sabina 16th July 2016 / 4:53 pm

I need to try some of these, especially the OUAI products and the eyeliner from Zoeva (been searching for a good, highly pigmented white eyeliner for a while!). Thanks for sharing! xx

Sabina |

16. Miki 19th July 2016 / 9:34 am

Love your photos. That Armani SPF base sounds amazing. I’m guilty of rarely wearing a primer, but I choose to wear SPF now that I live in LA. Since moving, I’ve suffered from some acne, which I know you know all too well how that’s impacting my psyche, so I’m going to wait until I clear up a bit until I try more new things and see how you use them in your YouTube channel. 🙂

17. Sarah Elizabeth 19th July 2016 / 10:53 am

Love your content as ever, Lydia! Your YouTube channel and blog continue to be an inspiration as I start my blogging journey- keep it up! Xx

18. Fashionviolin 20th July 2016 / 12:35 pm

WOW! How Amazing is your Blog layout?!
    Love it so much !!
    Also Love , how much content you have for everyday single product!! And your Photos….. BEAUTIFUL!

19. Alex 20th July 2016 / 4:30 pm

I have almost every beauty product in this post, too. They are really very good. 🙂

Your pictures are soooo perfect.

20. Amanda Florian 21st July 2016 / 2:59 pm

Love all of your suggestions!! I’ve been thinking about the OUAI collection for a while and you’ve inspired me to give it a try 🙂 Looking STUNNING as always xoxo sending love from Boston!