How to make a Summer Style Statement

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAAs the sun rises earlier and sets later, we are blessed with so many more hours of light. Sunlight is truly magical and it is near impossible to feel low with its presence. With my mood forever reflected in my fashion, there are currently no dull and dark colours to be found in my wardrobe. But I am a creature of subtlety, I don’t like to make too much of a fuss of myself and I prefer to move under the radar therefore my pallet is somewhat safe.

This doesn’t mean I don’t like to play with my style and introduce textures, colours and styles but it must always be in my own subtle way which is incredible important to me. So whilst I swap out my dull sombre Winter wardrobe, how do I plan on making my Summer Style Statements this season.

Texture is one of the biggest changes I make in my style, aside from colour, when Summer rolls around. I introduce crochet, lace, cottons and silks to contrast each other and add some detail to the outfit whilst also proving breathable and comfortable fabric choices when it starts to hot up. This top from The End in Watford as been one of my ultimate fabric detail finds of the season with its laser cut fabric and flute sleeves providing a Self Portrait vibe on the high street.

Of course, what is a Lydia Elise Millen outfit without a little luxe thrown in the mix. Accessories this Summer offer floral fancies and flirtatious barely there hues such as this matching pair from the coveted Valentino “Rockstud” family from Farfetch. The tone is subtle and feminine mixing gloss and matte finishes with a rock & roll twist to the signature hardware. Teamed with distressed denim fabrics and a flirty crisp white they really glam up an every day  look making it Roof terrace appropriate for those dreamy hot London evenings. Not to mention these heels are the most comfortable designer heels I have ever owned, worth every single penny, statement or no statement.

Summer hues are what excite me most about the season, everything becomes brighter, fresher and far more feminine. Pinks are back with a bang, but if like me you can go from nought to Barbie as the sight of hot pink, you might want to stick to the more subtle hues from the spectrum.

Nude is and always will be my ultimate style staple providing me with the window of opportunity to add that colour, that fun and that playfulness into my style without being garish or imposing. My shoes and handbags are where I get to play the most with colour currently as they enable even the most basic jeans and tee combo to come to life.

If in doubt, raid the lipstick draw because a carefully chosen lip colour can bring to life and finish an outfit perfectly and can be fairly inexpensive too. When I’m feeling daring organgy red hues are my favourite.

1. Adele 22nd June 2016 / 7:26 am

Adore the lace top Lydia, such a summer staple. I have a few in my wardrobe as they look great under blazers too. I’m bound to say I love the bag & heels as I have the very same in the same colour. They are both some of my most worn pieces in my collection. You are so right about how comfortable Rockstuds are. I have 5 pairs including heels, flats, sandals, espadrilles etc & all are the comfiest pairs of shoes I own. I know I’ll add more to my collection too!!!!!
    Altogether a very polished look – classic Lydia!

2. Simi 22nd June 2016 / 7:54 am

I love this look Lydia and this top, I’ve never heard of the brand The End before, so I’m literally heading over to their website right now, after looking for a white lace dress that one needs for the warmer climes X

3. Brandie 22nd June 2016 / 8:24 am

Amazing top and I agree nude is a stable for me as well. It’s so easy to work with and I love the way it looks.

4. Marlene 22nd June 2016 / 8:32 am

What an absolute stunner! I love your style Lydia x

5. Majean 22nd June 2016 / 9:50 am

Love love love the lace top! The shoes with bag are simply gorgeous and levels up the jeans. Great summer look!

6. katie 22nd June 2016 / 12:16 pm

These photos are so beyond beautiful, you look so ethereal (honestly the only word I could think of to describe! ) 🙂

Katie //

7. nueyork 22nd June 2016 / 2:18 pm

Such stunning photos, as always! I definitely love a pop of colour on the lips when it comes to summer. x

8. Ashleigh 22nd June 2016 / 2:28 pm

You look amazing! This outfit is very classy, I love it all x

9. Petite Paulina 22nd June 2016 / 8:24 pm

Such a beautiful outfit Lydia I need to hunt down this top!

10. Zita Jane 22nd June 2016 / 9:52 pm

Absolutely beautiful!! These pictures are amazing, you have one very talented boyfriend! Love the outfit and your styling tips, another great post Lydia!

Zita Jane | Twenty Four

11. Beth 22nd June 2016 / 10:04 pm

You’re such a natural in front of the camera Lydia! I wish The End would open up an online store, beautiful top!

Beth x |

12. Leah Rose 22nd June 2016 / 10:22 pm

Love the nails matching bag matching shoes going on! Makes it all tie together beautifully.

13. Erin Henry 23rd June 2016 / 6:38 am

I love these tips! Event though as I type this it is 9 Degrees and raining! Will definitely keep these in mind for next Aussie summer.
    Looking gorgeous as always xx

14. Nicky 23rd June 2016 / 6:03 pm

I love this whole outfit, literally obsessed! I’m so glad summer is here, I’m love summer fashion SO much more than winter!
    Nicky x |

15. Katie 23rd June 2016 / 11:12 pm

Gorgeous! I love the lace details with the nude lips x

16. Kristen Graham 27th June 2016 / 4:07 pm

I love this outfit! Looking beautiful as always Lydia. x

17. Cinnamon 28th June 2016 / 7:57 am

This outfit is SO cute. I love everything about it.

18. Sophie 3rd July 2016 / 10:34 pm

I’m new to your YouTube and blog and I am really enjoying it. Love the top! However the end are saying they aren’t getting any more in, do you know where I can find it?

19. Fashion Fills Your Heart 5th July 2016 / 9:16 pm

I’m honestly so in love with this look. Everything about it is just perfect for summer – from the white lace to the pink Valentino bag, it’s perfect!

20. Oxana 9th July 2016 / 3:45 pm

21. Ella Estoppey 24th July 2016 / 8:04 pm

Loooooovveee it!x

22. Adita 12th September 2016 / 4:04 pm

Love your look and you look really beautiful on this pictures!just stunning! I love light and soft colors and I never wear dark colors in the summer too