5 ways to have a really great Monday

Monday’s are my absolute favourite day of the week, I know I know that’s the talk of crazy people, but I do genuinely love Mondays. I feel excited before falling asleep the night before and I set my alarm for the earliest I can possibly rise. I am full of motivation and anticipation for the week ahead, where I will be going, who I will be meeting as well as the comfort zones I will step out of and the little unexpected curve balls life will throw at me.

It makes me a little sad when I see so many people talking about “Monday blues” or how long it is until the weekend. In reality those exact thoughtsย are killing your productivity before you’ve even started your day let alone the week. Yourย Monday sets the tone for the week a head and if you get it right you can be in store forย one of the best and many more to follow, so if you are looking for a change, you found one.

Changing how I felt about Monday’s really helped me excel as a person, as a professional and as an adult. I got my shit together, pardon my French, deciding to make the most out of Monday, and in return I inadvertently decided to make the most out of life too, here’s how;

I may not have entirely nailed this point just yet but with regards to how manic I get during the week, I take it a lot easier at the weekend and so should you. Allow yourself to really chill and unwind, if a glass of Prosecco is your jam then go for it, watching episode after episode on Netflix? Why not! For me it’s self indulgence at it’s finest that lets me know I’m taking some well earned rest. I like to book myself in for a full body massage and a bespoke facial for some real energising and recuperating. This differentiates your Weekends from your working week and allows you time to forget the stresses and strains of being a professional, all ready to get to it again on Monday morning.

Live Positively

I guess this one doesn’t just count on Monday’s, you need to practice this one daily. Even on those days where you question yourself on what you did wrong in your life to deserve such bad luck, yes I do have them to,ย you have to remind yourself that life is so much bigger than this one day. It wont always be this hard and in fact all this will actually enable you to appreciate how good life is the majority of the time.

Aim to really practice positivity, ensure every outlet you have is a positive one. Your thoughts, your words, your status’, your tweets. You wont be perfect at it, heck I’m still not but I do my best and the impact it has had on the way I live life has been so profound.

Rise Early

And sleeping early too for that matter! Getting up early is single handedly one of the most motivating and self satifying things I have ever done. Whenever I wake up before 6:30am I know that today is going to be a really great day. I’m in the gym for 7am and out by 8. Breakfast and a shower by 8:30 and sat at my desk with a full face of make up by 9:30. On days like these I feel unstoppable and I plough through my workload like a woman on a mission and it’s one of the best feelings because being productive and pro active motivates me even more.

Make Lists

Make lists for everything and make them often. When I’m on the Abductor or in between Planks, on the train to London or in the queue in Selfridges, wherever I am, whatever I’m doing, I need to make lists to ensure I don’t miss a thing and everything gets done. As well as lists I meticulously plan my calendar and know where I have to be and when at all times.

Take Regular Breaks

The key to being productive on Monday is an unlikely one, taking regular breaks to ensure you head back to your tasks with fresh eyes and enthusiasm. There’s no use in working non stop for 10 hours because you will begin to feel lethargic and your productivity will undoubtedly suffer. Especially, if like me, you work at home and alone, with the exception of Lumi. In the Winter I take tea breaks on the sofa snuggled under a blanket either playing with her royal fluffiness or reading a few chapters as she snores next to me, but in the Summer I take walks in the fresh air and on some occasions I’ll take my office outside into the garden or by the pool at our gym to get a change of scenery…and a tan.

So it’s 7am when this goes live, it’s time to Nail Monday! Let me know in the comments below just how you intend to nail yours.

1. Petite Paulina 21st March 2016 / 7:21 am

Great post, I totally agree! Getting up early works for me, it’s really satisfying coming out of the gym at 8am feeling motivated and ready to tackle the day ahead. I love making a list on a Sunday night, it gets out any thoughts on my mind and allows me to get a restful night sleep without worrying about forgetting something in the morning.

2. Chloe 21st March 2016 / 7:47 am

It’s so nice to see someone writing motivating things about a Monday, rather than those de motivating blues. I’m currently in the middle of my dissertation, about blogging and consumer behaviour actually, and reading this article has made me want to get up, cease the day, and make my week a productive on. So thank you Lydia ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Sophie 21st March 2016 / 8:06 am

Amazing post! Setting a great example to how people should think/feel on a Monday morning.

4. Ashley 21st March 2016 / 8:46 am

What a great way to look at Monday’s! These are great ideas that I’d love to use! Happy Monday! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. LeahSephira 21st March 2016 / 9:23 am

Really nice advice and/or suggestions for a good Monday ๐Ÿ™‚ x

6. Adele 21st March 2016 / 9:24 am

I love this post Lydia. I’m like you, an early riser, in the pool at 7am & back home to eat breakie by 9am. This really motivates me for the day ahead. Adore the cute shorts, they look great with the knit.

7. Kate 21st March 2016 / 10:05 am

Such a helpful, motivating post. Love your outfit too! x

8. Giada 21st March 2016 / 10:15 am

I’m excited too about mondays because it’s like a new beginning every week . You can set your goals during the past week or weekend and start doing everything that you’ve planned .
    I’m really motivated every monday

Glam Observer

9. Mine 21st March 2016 / 11:32 am

Inspiring post! Would love a post or a video where you might go into detail as to how you schedule things, what is your routine and how you make it all work. However hard I try, I cannot keep up with my deadlines and always run late in the end. And then I give it all up. Would love some advice, tips and tricks! xxo

10. Michelle Joseph 21st March 2016 / 12:52 pm

I love this positive post. I actually am not a fan of Monday’s unless I’m anticipating something great that day, but I’m going to try and be more motivated and put your tips into practice. Thanks.

Michelle x

11. Lindsay 21st March 2016 / 2:14 pm

Love this post Lydia! Motivation Monday’s ????????????????

12. Farah 21st March 2016 / 2:16 pm

Lovely motivational post! I have already done a healthy Ocado post and I did insanity this morning! Apart from that I have published a blog post and written another to go up on Wednesday so as long as the rest of the week continues like this I should be ok!
    Have a lovely week
    Farah X http://www.vatkinary.com

Ps sure I saw you in Milton Keynes the other day but was far to shy to say hello!

13. Farah 21st March 2016 / 2:18 pm

Have a lovely week
    Farah X

14. Hannah 21st March 2016 / 4:13 pm

YES! I love this. Juggling a lot at the moment before exam time, this has really helped!

As usual, a great post!

15. Danielle 21st March 2016 / 4:48 pm

I really appreciate this post! I find waking up early in the morning motivates me so much as well. It makes you feel in control of your life and it’s a great feeling! ๐Ÿ™‚

16. farah 21st March 2016 / 6:22 pm

Lovely motivational post! I have had a very productive day so far- done a healthy Ocado shop, done an Insanity workout and already put one blog post up and written another one. If the rest of the week oes like this I will be doing well! Have a lovely week!
    Farah x
    ps I’,m sure I saw you in MK the other day but was far too shy to say hello!

17. Ashley 21st March 2016 / 6:30 pm

I really need to start sleeping and waking up early. Had to wake up at 6 AM on a Saturday a few weeks ago and I was just so happy and perky the whole day! Not in the morning, but in the afternoon I just felt so refreshed and alive. x

18. Emma 21st March 2016 / 9:51 pm

Great to hear some positivity about Monday! It’s the beginning of a brand new week, what’s not to love?? Lovely tips to follow.

19. laura 22nd March 2016 / 8:58 pm

GIRL. These photos are smokin’!!! You look AMAZING.

Loving this post too… yay for good Mondays! ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Zuzka 23rd March 2016 / 12:06 pm

I discovered your youtube channel very recently and immediately fell in love. Now i started to read your blog and I love it.
    You are beautiful and very kind. So inspirational!!!
    I am thankful for you!

21. Abigail Hunter 23rd March 2016 / 1:13 pm

I absolutely adore this outfit Lydia! It suits you so well, and its great to see the combination between high street and high end! That bag is definitely on my wish list!

22. Adaleta Avdic 25th March 2016 / 8:11 pm

You look absolutely fantastic in this outfit & these are definitely excellent tips for having a good Monday. I find Mondays are always hard because I’ve slept in a few hours extra on Saturday & Sunday so then it’s even harder to get out of bed ๐Ÿ˜‰ Oh well, it’s Friday now!! xx adaatude.com

23. The Virgo 25th March 2016 / 10:43 pm

I love how positive you are! I try to live my life like this and not let other negative people get to me.
    Quickly becoming my favourite blogger! xx

24. lararashii 26th March 2016 / 10:31 am

Great post, gorgeous photos! ๐Ÿ™‚

25. Rhi 27th March 2016 / 2:04 am

One of the best/motivating posts I’ve read in a while – thank you! x

26. Aimee 13th April 2016 / 5:36 pm

Great words of wisdom…reframing your mindset is such a powerful tool for well-being! Can you please make more blog posts and videos about your health regimen, fitness/workout tips, and eating plans?? Love all your posts Lydia!! xoxo

27. Amy Rutter 17th April 2016 / 8:30 am

I’m not a morning person by choice but it’s mainly because I don’t sleep very well. But I’ve got myself into a routine of going to bed early which means I can get up at 6am, start work early and finish early. It makes such a difference having an hour or so extra to myself in the evening. Monday’s aren’t my favourite day but I don’t dread them either. Thanks for such an uplifting post!

28. Veronica 18th April 2016 / 5:26 pm

This post is so inspiring ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve recently just started blogging because I’ve always liked documenting my whereabouts, some outfits, and mostly my foodie adventures, I thought it would be great to finally do it. and because I’ve recently graduated and working full time at the moment, I still find it hard to juggle between everything. and Mondays are days I find the hardest to get up! Definitely will try to stay positive this week and hopefully by next monday I’ll be able to be up early!

oh and beautiful photos up there! you look gorgeous as always.