SKIN SUPPLEMENTS | The Importance of Inner Beauty

There are scars and imperfections, my left eye a little lazier than my right and my baby hairs, are still yet to mature. This is me; Perfectly imperfect, and I want to stay like this for as long as possible.

I feel as though I’m only just comfortable in my skin, I’m just getting used to it, what it likes, what it doesn’t, how it moves and how it feels and yet every day it’s changing, slipping away from me.

Rumour has it that once you reach the grand old age of 25, your collagen levels start decreasing and the first signs of ageing set in, but I was having none of that. I know just how powerful having an inner beauty regime is because I’ve seen it with my own eyes, there is only so much you can do on the outside with creams and lotions. Beauty starts from within, adequate hydration, the right vitamins and minerals, superfoods and now Imedeen.

I started taking one tablet, twice a day back in November having cured my acne but lost a lot of the natural hydration my skin once had I wanted to ensure I was doing everything for my skin (see previous post here). The most noticeable difference was the compliments, the gasps of disbelief from the girls at a recent breakfast meeting when my age cropped up in conversation to the girl at Soho house who used the word “flawless” and single handedly made my day, I have most definitely noticed.

My secret weapons were working.

I noticed the moisture levels of the skin all over my body improve and whether or not the subtle fullness I noticed to the delicate areas of my skin was also a direct result of my new inner beauty regime, I wasn’t sure but I would soon find out.

I underwent the final scan of my skin about two weeks ago and have been itching to show you the results. My collagen density levels, had in actual fact INCREASED from 49 to 64, instead of going down they were going up. Needless to say my trial ended the day of the second scan, and yet I’m still taking Imedeen tablets today.

What you put in your body, you wear on your body, good or bad. I decided I wanted to wear youth, radiance and a healthy glow so I put in all the ingredients it takes to achieve that; water, vitamins and minerals, superfoods and Imedeen.

This post is sponsored by Imedeen however all opinions, experiences and results are my own.

1. Adele 17th February 2016 / 8:09 am

It’s great that you’re getting the results you wanted. I firmly believe you are what you eat, so to nourish our bodies appropriately we need to eat healthily. I take a supplement by Pureclinica called Ultracoll, which has up to 250% more collagen content than other supplements, so hopefully I’m getting the same effects – being 44 I’ve gone for the highest & purest content there is!

2. Georgie 17th February 2016 / 12:00 pm

This is amazing, I’m always on the fence when it comes to taking supplements, I forget to take them after a couple of days, these sound so good though!

3. Becky 19th February 2016 / 7:26 pm

Hi, your skin looks fantastic! which of the Imedeen range are you taking? Also that comment regarding Pureclinica is a scam, if you look at their site they are registered to a virtual address in London which the BBC have flagged as non legit companies, which is very concerning that people are making fraudulent supplements out there! X

4. candis codona 20th February 2016 / 8:14 pm

Hi Lydia, i am a fully qualified beauty therapist so i know a lot about the skin. You should look into a product called ‘Skinade’. it is a drink for ‘better skin from within’…
    it delivers essential nutrients in a liquid formation for high absorption and bioavailability. it works from the inside out to rebuild and strengthen the collagen matrix below the skins surface, boost natural levels of hydration and reduce fine lines & wrinkles. Skinade contains high-grade collagen & essential micronutrients. the high grade collagen is sourced from fresh-water fish which is low in sodium and avoids mercury contamination, it is a precious ingredient and each bottle contains 7000mg!
    drinking skinade on a daily basis results in firmer, more even toned, hydrated, radiant, youthful & healthier looking skin. it reduces fine lines and wrinkles and repairs connective tissue, so you will also benefit from healthier & faster growing hair & nails. Within 4-6 days your skin will feel hydrated & soft, 10-12 days skin will appear smoother,plumper, more radiant & glowing, 2-4 weeks reduction in appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, after 6-8 weeks continued daily use the benefits continue to build and your skin will look healthier and younger. it also helps with skin conditions such as Acne, Acne scarring, Psoriasis, Eczema, Cellulite and Stretch marks.
    It is easy to adapt into your daily beauty regime as it is a drink, you would just drink it in morning with your breakfast. it also has a pleasant peach/mango flavour unlike many other supplements out there with not very pleasant tastes. the reviews for this product speak for themselves so check it out online. if you are interested in trying it just let me know as i recently became a stockist for it and my clients have been seeing great results (there are before & after pictures on my Facebook…feel free to have a look)

I have recently just started my own beauty blog which i am hoping will be successful as i have such a passion for the beauty industry but i just wanted to let you know i think your blog is great and also love watching your snapchats

Candis Codona x

• Lisa 21st March 2016 / 4:03 am

Hi Candis! Can I try out skinade?

5. Kandja 1st April 2016 / 2:32 am

Im so happy to know that you loved the results. It is really important that we are satisfied and happy.

Have a good day! You look so lovely even with your imperfections!