How to nail the Trouser Suit Trend

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAPersonal style evolves just like any other. What I wore four years ago, four months ago or even four weeks ago can sometimes make me question my own sanity. From Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lita’s’ to American Apparel Disco pants, I’ve most definitely been there and got that t-shirt. But I am not the same person that I was four years ago and my style most definitely reflects this.

Back then I was a hot head fresh out of University with a bad Ombre hair dye and full to bursting with naivety. Not a clue who I wanted to be or where I wanted to end up, it’s quite amazing what a difference four measly years can make. These day’s you’ll find me curled under a blanket on the sofa with a good book and a fresh mug of tea, if I’m not working, that is. Although there’s still some uncertainty surrounding some-things, I now have a strong sense of the person I am and how I communicate that to the world both online and off and aside from my voice, my clothes do a lot of talking that I cannot.

A well cut pair of trousers with a silhouette skimming double breasted blazer, starkly contrasted by some clean sneaks, a fresh tee and the latest “it” bag pretty much some up where I’m at in my life. I’m responsible, I’ve got my shit together and I’m fiercely ambitious but I’m also living life at 100mph and I don’t know where I’ll be one moment to the next. My outfit needs to feel as good as it looks.

The Trousers

These trousers are game changers. The switched up my wardrobe the moment I bought them and there are zero regrets. The cut is perfect, gently tapering in to the ankle and finishing at that point, the one that instantly flatters the legs in a way that only few trousers are able to achieve. The fabric is Comfortable with a capitol ‘C’ and I wear them as if they were track pants.  And if all that wasn’t enough, they are wearable, heels, flats, sneaks and sandals, so far I’m yet to find something that doesn’t work. At £185 these are the same price as premium denim except I honestly believe they are much more of a wardrobe essential.

The Blazer

Over the years I’ve become a bit of a Blazer connoisseur, from cropped classics to double breasted beauties and the latter is always my go-to. Much like the tailored trousers, you make the rules when it comes to styling. Whether it’s biker leather trousers that are your current style staple or nautical Summer stripes, a well cut double breasted blazer is the perfect companion. This style in particular is from Reiss’ current collection and I’d been eyeing it longingly for weeks, unsure as to whether it warranted it’s higher price point. And I’d say the fact that it hasn’t left my back for the passed week suggests it most definitely does and that’s without taking the incredible fabric weight and cut into consideration.

The Kicks

Adidas All-Stars have been making waves for years now and every time I see a girl wearing a pair I can’t help but feel jealous. On me they simply don’t work. I feel clumpy and extremely inelegant. The Nike ‘Thea’ have provided me with the stream lined all white sneaker perfect for pairing with this tailored look with still leaves me feeling feminine and light footed.

The White Tee

Ah the staple white tee! I’d be lost without it and I’m never adverse to spending a little more because there are no doubts over the CPW (cost per wear) but the high street rarely fails. A crisp white tee does incredible things for any outfit but pair it with a tailored look and it instantly encapsulates that effortless Scandi vibe.

1. Kia 29th February 2016 / 8:31 am

I just recently found your blog and youtube- channel and I feel like you’ve instantly become my style icon! Even though I can’t afford the exact same pieces you’re wearing, I want to try and recreate your effortless yet delicate style with my own wardrobe. You also seem very genuine and honest as a person. Keep up the good work girl ! xx

2. Michelle Joseph 29th February 2016 / 10:43 am

I love this look! Would never before have paired trainers with tailored trousers, but then again I don’t have white trainers and you make it look so good.

3. The Purley Girly 29th February 2016 / 11:26 am

I love this look! Thank you for sharing the links, I’ve been looking for a good tee for a while that isn’t see-through, so going to give these guys a go.

4. Rosie 29th February 2016 / 7:05 pm

I’m a new reader of your blog and it gives me so much inspiration I can’t stop reading!! I’ve been looking at buying some smart trousers for a while and this has helped me to realise I can wear them on a casual, every-day basis – think i’ll go order after writing this comment! You’re so fabulous I can’t wait for more posts and videos x

5. Dannii 29th February 2016 / 7:46 pm

Such a simple look, but the right pieces really do take it to the next level! I’ve been eyeing up this jacket for a while now after seeing it on a few people, and i think i may have to pick it up during my next trip to london if it suits me as well as it does you!

6. Chloe 29th February 2016 / 8:09 pm

I love how you have found and streamlined your style as you have grown. You definetly have got your shit together!
    I’m still gathering my shit ????
    The trousers are a great piece, I think every woman should own a great pair of trousers!
    Thank you for sharing the Nike thea trainers, I have been looking for an alternative too!

As always you look amazing!
    Beautiful photography and wonderful words.

Chloe |

7. sophie 29th February 2016 / 8:48 pm

Absolutely love your blog been following it religious for some time ..however you really need to know that brand alley are selling your beloved Joseph trousers in back and cream for £55!!! X

• Natasha 3rd March 2016 / 2:24 pm

Where are they selling them? I love them but can’t bring myself to spend £180!

8. Katie 29th February 2016 / 9:16 pm

I love the black and white look – very sleek. The trousers look so comfortable! X

9. Catherine 29th February 2016 / 10:04 pm

I love this look so much! Looks gorgeous paired with trainers too. I remember the days of American Apparel disco pants and JC ‘Litas’ well haha x

10. Adele 1st March 2016 / 1:25 pm

These are such fab wardrobe staples, I’m in love with the jacket Lydia!

11. Catia 4th March 2016 / 7:53 am

I absolutely love the look!
    And now I’m jealous I got the Adidas. Love those Nike 🙂

Also addicted to that trousers cut!

12. Naghmeh 10th March 2016 / 4:23 pm

I love they way you’ve styled this! I also don’t like the way Adidas trainers look on me so I’ve found another pair from Reebok that hopefully will work better on me 🙂

13. Samantha 25th March 2016 / 10:18 pm

I tried this blazer on today and the tailoring is beautiful, fits so perfectly but I’m loathe to pay nearly £300 for polyester!!!! It’s stunning but I just cannot justify spending that kind of money on something made from the cheapest material known to man 🙁 Going to wait for it to go in the sale I think ……