Mad About The Boy – Buying a Chanel Handbag

Some girls dream of wardrobes bursting with designer brands and some girls just hope to be able to treat themselves every once and a while. Whoever you are I am sure that owning a Chanel bag sits pretty high up on the list of lusts. For me it was a dream, nothing more. And I had reached the point where I believed it was never to be more than that.

I sat in the luxurious arm chairs of Chanel, New Bond st. with my wonderful friend Kerry as she purchased her very first Chanel, it was so exciting and being a part of the selection process, the trying on, the butterflies and the excitement which followed was so enjoyable. It made me endlessly happy to see my friend treat herself to the ultimate luxury for all her hard work. Soon after I began window shopping online just to get a feel for what I would need to spend to get my own little piece of Chanel, albeit second hand. I found what I thought was the right option and began working out whether I could justify the purchase if I cut back on some luxuries for a while, maybe I could after all? I sought advice from an experienced Personal Shopper in London Claire from who owns Fashion Concierge, who just happens to also be a wonderful friend. Claire advised me on the price of the Chanel vs. the second hand price as well as the risks of counterfeit and extremely long delivery times. She had one on hold at Chanel for me and I could have it that day.

“Some girls dream of wardrobes bursting with designer brands and some girls just hope to be able to treat themselves every once and a while.”

I was sold and later that day I picked up the purchase of my dreams.

Regular readers will know that I love to grab a bargain wherever possible. But due to the fact that Chanel handbags hold their value so well, on this occasion I decided to bite the bullet. This doesn’t mean I’m rich, nor does it mean I’m bragging, I’ll still happily wear it with my £20 high street dress and feel totally fabulous regardless. But I have dreams like everyone else, some are big and scary, some are incredibly special and some actually do come true.

This post was shot on the Olympus PEN E-PL7 & the 45mm lens.

1. Siobhan 26th September 2015 / 8:14 pm

How exciting! You deserve it Lydia – you work so hard! Enjoy 🙂 I hope to see it featured in some autumn outfit posts?!?! xox

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:40 pm

Oh Siobhan, Thanks so much! and watch this space this week, it’s coming. You are gonna be sick of the sight of it before long! I’m so in love with him!!! x

2. Elle @ keep it simpelle 26th September 2015 / 8:32 pm

Would love to know what case you use for your PEN?? and do you have a tripod you can recommend?? (I commented on your post about the PEN but you don’t reply to all your comments?!!)

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:42 pm

Hey Elle, I don’t actually use a case as it’s always in my handbag! i have a tripod with a special attachment, perhaps I should do a post about all my kit!?
      I try to reply to as many comments as possible all the time but I am only human and sometimes if I have answered a question numerous times I unfortunately do have to reach a point where I stop.x

3. Kathrine Louise 26th September 2015 / 8:36 pm

Congratulations! It looks amazing! I’ve added you on snapchat and I saw the snapchat story about the fact that you bought a new lens for your PEN. I have the same camera with the original lens and the 45mm, so I would love it if you could write about the 17mm when you’ve used it a bit! I wish I had that lens too. Have a nice evening, gorgeous! Kind regards from Norway :*

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:42 pm

Hey Katherine, I am so bloody excited about this lens so I will definitely be reviewing! 🙂

4. Siobhan 26th September 2015 / 8:44 pm

I think you’re so right! Clothes come and go with trends. Chanel Handbags are for life. Congrats on your first.its a beauty. In approximately 2/3 weeks … you’ll know what your next purchase at Chanel will be! That’s ok too… I’d rather buy a Chanel handbag than waist money buying cheap fashion! Xx Siobhan

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:44 pm

I definitely still love some more highstreet fashion but as far as accessories go I really do like my high end pieces! 🙂

5. ana 26th September 2015 / 9:18 pm

It was the perfect choice, the bag is stunning! I am so jealous!!

Check out my blog <3 | ANASOFIACHIC

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:44 pm

Ahhhh thank you hun! x

6. Anna 27th September 2015 / 10:57 am

I am so happy right now.
    This is my dream too.
    So happy for you Lydia ??

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:44 pm

Oh Anna thank you 🙂 x

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:45 pm

I’m so glad so many of you share the same goal! I feel like we did it together 🙂 x

7. CharlOtte 27th September 2015 / 11:41 am

This bag is Perf! I hope some day I can achieve my goal of owning one too!

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:45 pm

You definitely can! <3

8. Zita jaNe 27th September 2015 / 4:22 pm

Wow! What an amazing purchase, it must feel like such an achievement! This is an absolute dream for me, one day I WILL own my very own Chanel! 🙂

Zita Jane x | Twenty Four

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:46 pm

I keep looking at it like SHUT UP THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO ME!!!! hahaha x

• lydia 27th September 2015 / 11:46 pm

HAHAHA! i love it tooooooo x

9. Rachel 28th September 2015 / 1:32 pm

It’s so beautiful! I kind of know what you mean, I’ve been dreaming of a Mulberry Bayswater since I was about 15 and I’m determined to save up for it. Once I own one of my own I imagine I will have the same magical feelings you described! Well done on getting your dream bag! 🙂

Rachel – Cake Doesn’t Count x

10. Adele 29th September 2015 / 2:00 pm

Wear the Boy well Lydia. It’s my favourite & most used Chanel bag. I have the silver hardwear & quilting same as you. I also have the matching wallet. I remember my first Chanel bag purchase (jumbo double flap with gold hardwear), my sister was with me & we both welled up a bit!
    I always find it funny that people judge you for what you spend your money on! You deserve to treat yourself & it’s up to you what you choose to buy!!! Already looks great in your instagrams/snapchats.

11. Kristle Rose 10th July 2016 / 5:48 am

Hi Lydia,

Just wanted to know how much on average do the Chanel Boy Bags cost. Want to know how much I need to start saving as this bag is a total beaut!

12. Johanna 15th September 2016 / 11:12 am

Thanks for leading the way and showing us that it is possible with a little persevrance and lots of love..