MY SIGNATURE STYLE

8 12 2Over the last few months my jewellery collection has grown somewhat. It has grown to the point where I actually needed to purchase a jewellery box for the first time since i was 12 and had one of those musical jewellery boxes with the little ballerina precariously perched on a Spring, twirling to the sound of “It’s a small World”.

This new jewellery box is gloss white and simplistic, much like my signature style.

Over the years it has become more and more important to hone your own personal style, as if it were your business card, and these rules apply throughout the blogging industry. So as part of my collaboration with Monica Vinader, and love affair with the Signature Bangle, I decided to explore the notion of developing your signature look, perfectly.

Care Less

One thing that has helped my style develop the most over the years has been my ability to give less f***s. Not caring what people think of your style and simply dressing how you feel good has been my most valued asset over the years. If I want to wear the same trousers every day for an entire season, I will, If I want to mix and match my hardware, I will and if I want to wear a skirt in Winter when the temperature hasn’t quite dropped yet, I WILL. All you need is confidence.

A Creature of Habit

If it isn’t broke, why fix it? That is what I always say. When it works, it works I don’t need to change something for the sake of changing it. Be it nude lips, all black outfits or chelsea boots. I stick to what I love and if I need to I’ll buy it in 20 different colours just to be safe.

10 6 7 3

Sentimental

I am incredibly sentimental, I always have been. I want to remember everything and I often feel pangs of nostalgia over old sweaters, perfumes and even words. The lyric of a song or a sentence from a book can transport me back to times I’d long forgotten so I love the idea of being able to scrawl them on a scrap of paper and have them engraved, poor handwriting and all, onto my favourite bracelets from Monica Vinader. This is like tattoos for the girl that doesn’t like tattoos.

“This is like tattoos for the girl that doesn’t like tattoos.”

Choose well

My Mantra in life basically, just choose well. Rather than big orders from online stores, I take time a choose well so that I rarely have to send anything back. My wardrobe is bursting with items I’ve spent months contemplating and those items get worn time after time, season after season.

Some see expensive items, I see CPW.

This post is a sponsored advertorial with Monica Vinader.

5 11 9

MONICA VINADER & LYDIA ELISE MILLEN INVITE YOU…

…to a PRIVATE SHOPPING EVENT featuring complimentary engraving and an exclusive 20% off full priced items on the night.

THURSDAY 1st DECEMBER

7pm – 9pm

MONICA VINADER BOUTIQUE

71-72 DUKE OF YORK SQUARE

LONDON, SW3 4LY

YOU MUST RSVP TO

DOYEVENTS@MONICAVINADER.CO.UK

With LYDIA in the subject line.

Photography by Reece Chapman.

25 Comments

1. Catia 28th November 2016 / 8:03 am

Loving your cozy sweater! So chic!

xx,
    Catia
    thepetitecat.com

2. Duchess of Fashion 28th November 2016 / 10:08 am

I really wish I could go to this meet-up as Duke of York square is near my house but unfortunately I have a few events to attend. I just hope you’ll have many more meet-ups next year Lydia! 🙂

3. Jessica 28th November 2016 / 10:09 am

Love this post! I couldn’t agree more with you! I’m also all about owning my own style and ignoring what people my think or what is expected of me to wear. That’s the only way to let my personality come across, which is what fashion is all about, at least for me anyway!

Have an amazing day hun!
    xx

http://www.galonduty.com (blog on construction, coming soon!)

4. Frances Kayleigh 28th November 2016 / 3:08 pm

Gorgeous outfit! I love your style and how you pick key pieces that last season after season. I think that’s such a great way to buy into luxury and looking at it from a CPW perspective is really helpful to those looking to invest xx

5. Sigute 28th November 2016 / 4:28 pm

Love your style and how you rock what you want – Zero fcks given! And oooh I can relate to being a creature of habit… 20 pairs of the same item is a common issue here as well 😉 Xx

6. Nikki Bergmans 28th November 2016 / 9:13 pm

Love your articles Lydia! And you’re so beautiful! Natural beauty X

7. Adele 29th November 2016 / 9:44 am

Gorgeous photos Lydia! Your ethos when it comes to shopping is very much in tune with my own. I go for quality not quantity, classic signature pieces etc etc.
    Hope your evening goes well!

8. Jessica 29th November 2016 / 12:27 pm

I love this jumper so much! I remember seeing it on another of your posts a while ago, it looks so cosy!

9. Yara Mel 29th November 2016 / 2:36 pm

‘If it isn’t broken, why fix it?’ Loved that one! Gotta make that ‘coast per wear’ pay off!
    Lovely photos as always!

xx

desiringsme.com

10. Stephanie C 29th November 2016 / 9:33 pm

Truly admire your words and style!

11. Liz 29th November 2016 / 10:23 pm

Soooo beautiful! Love your posts!

12. Sinead 2nd December 2016 / 8:41 am

I’m in love with this LOEWE bag!! It fits so perfectly with your style!