HOW TO STYLE JEWELLERY IN A CLASSIC, MODERN WAY

Lydia - Thomas Sabo-8 Lydia - Thomas Sabo-5I’ve always been some what of a rebel. Throughout school, University and now into being a career girl. I’m not good with rules, following, abiding, you name it, I don’t tend to do it. So it’s only natural that I apply my same rebellious ethos when it comes to what I wear.

Black and blue? I’m all for it.

Socks with sandals? Maybe not for me but you do your thing, girl!

and most notably, Mixing Metals, I simply cannot get enough of it. In fact, I actively seek it.

“So we are gonna kick things off by throwing out the rule book.”

I’m not big when it comes to colour, which I guess is no news. But injecting different tones and textures to every day outfits is something I very much enjoy and for this particular outfit I have teamed up with one of my favourite Jewellery brands, Thomas Sabo, give the low down when it comes to how I bring Jewellery styling in to 2016.

So we are gonna kick things off by throwing out the rule book!

Lydia - Thomas Sabo-13 Lydia - Thomas Sabo-9 Lydia---Thomas-Sabo-20

Stacking

Stacking is the art of fitting as many bracelet or bangle variations on to ones wrist as one can physically handle, so to speak.

Bangles, bracelets, cuffs, watches, you name it I have it on my wrist. I love the way the differing styles merge to create a theme thats mis-matched but works perfectly. Play with different sizes and styles to create a “I just threw this stack together” kinda vibe.

Thomas Sabo currently offer a extensive range of arm candy to choose from to make your own stack to suit your style.

Tones

Mixing tones is by far my favourite rule to break in fashion. Whether my bag has gold hardware and my coat has silver, never bothers me. I simply mix up exactly how I like it. However, this coat from Pierre Balmain was made for me with its silver and gold chain mail detailing to the sleeves and shoulders pulling my multi tonal look together perfectly.

Gold and Silver are most definitely my go-to, I’ve never really been into Rose Gold but it’s all about working it to your style.

Classic Twists

Coco Chanel once said, “A woman needs ropes and ropes of Pearls” and I’m pretty sure she was absolutely right. Pearls are the embodiment of classic style and although my own personal style might sometimes be more modern, I love to incorporate aspects of real classic femininity. The Classic Pearl Double stud from Thomas Sabo is the modern day Pearl earring with a total design twist which I fell so deeply for, that I had to get have it in both gold and silver. I mix it up with an odd earring to keep all the focus on the double stud.

Lydia - Thomas Sabo-11

Lydia - Thomas Sabo-16 Lydia---Thomas-Sabo-19 Lydia - Thomas Sabo-12

Personal Touches

Although I find writing quite challenging, I am completely enchanted by the written word. A song, a poem, a quote, sometimes even just a short sentence can be incredibly symbolic. I often find myself jotting them down on random scraps of paper to ensure I don’t forget them. Now I can have them written on my favourite pieces of jewellery to ensure I never forget them. Sometimes it’s just a simple reminder like my on Love bridge from Thomas Sabo, I have “Positivity” scrawled across it as a gentle reminder to always think, live and be positive.

See the engraving collection from Thomas Sabo, here.

Keep it simple

The beauty of having your own style is that, in short, you make your own rules. But don’t over complicate yourself with it. Try to steer clear of trend driven pieces and look out for modern day classics to keep your jewellery style current.

This post is a Sponsored Advertorial with Thomas Sabo.

Imagery by Reece Chapman

31 Comments

1. Audrey MARIANNE 7th November 2016 / 10:27 am

It’s already been some years since I started mixing gold and silver, as I was always a gold person but also enjoyed some silver hardware … Sometimes people like it, sometimes they don’t. But it’s my thing, my style, and I’ll do it anyway.
    That coat fits your perfectly Lydia ! Thanks for sharing your personnality through this post 🙂

– Audrey M.

2. Adele 7th November 2016 / 1:50 pm

I’m also a fan of mixing metals, so I love your arm stack Lydia!! Also totally crushing on your jacket.

3. Emma 7th November 2016 / 10:52 pm

That heart bracelet is too gorgeous. What a beautiful christmas present that would make. Love how elegant and glamorous you always look!

Emma | Fashion Photographer and Model | emmanmh.com

4. leila 8th November 2016 / 4:11 am

What a beautiful post. The heart bracelet is so lovely, would be the perfect gift. Well done xoxo

fashionflurry4.wordpress.com

5. Emma 9th November 2016 / 2:46 pm

I’m so glad to see another post from you!
    I love your blog posts. These pictures are so gorgeous and your content is always on point.

6. Lorraine 9th November 2016 / 9:25 pm

Love you and your videos (and Lumi LOL). I always look forward to your videos’s. I’m probably a lot older than a lot of your followers, but I admire your style and pinch some of your fashion ideas.

I can’t afford a lot of the stuff you wear, but i’m quite good a sourcing “look a likes” LOL.

Lorraine xx

7. Amanda Florian 10th November 2016 / 3:24 am

Awesome pieces! Your mismatched earrings are just the coolest. I have to find a cool pair of my own. 🙂

8. Georgyana 11th November 2016 / 9:18 pm

You are very classy and I cannot wait for your next vlog, as it is a more touchable version of yourself presented. http://www.georgyana.me

9. Lisa Autumn 13th November 2016 / 11:58 pm

You are my biggest inspiration. Your pictures AND texts are so beautiful!

xx Lisa
    lisaautumn.com

10. Nikki Bergmans 15th November 2016 / 3:47 pm

I never really liked Thomas Sabo but I love your watch and earrings! X

11. Gemma 16th November 2016 / 7:14 am

Mixing metals is one of my favourite things to do! I’ve never cared about everything all matching when it comes to jewellery, a mish mash of shades looks great in my opinion! Also, I love Thomas Sabo <3

Gemma x
    The Gem Agenda – A UK Lifestyle Blog

12. Isabella 16th November 2016 / 7:38 am

Ah, that L&A bracelet is just precious! xx

13. Kirsty 21st November 2016 / 8:13 pm

I love Thomas Sabo, and these pieces are beautiful together! x

kirstyeelizabeth.com

14. Carley 22nd November 2016 / 9:40 pm

this might be a dumb question…but lydia, why don’t ever tag where the Zara trousers? are they different to the ones on offer on the website now?? i just ordered them online and am reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy hoping they look nice as the search for the perfect faux leather legging is becoming a bit on the ridiculous (not to mention expensive haha) side.. i’m guessing yours are older and they have changed a bit since?
    thanks, love you, girl!!