My Little Big Designer Victory

We all love a little luxury whether it’s an expensive face cream or the perfect new pair of shoes for a special event coming up. I’ve always had a love of high end designer clothing, I remember on my 16 birthday begging for my dad to buy me a pair of Gucci sunglasses. I like to think I get my taste from my family, where my Nonno was a Saville Row tailor and my Grandma would rub shoulders with editors at Tatler, I feel like my passion has always been in my blood.

The only small problem with this is, I’m not a millionnaire so I had to learn to shop savvy and it turns out, I find it quite rewarding. Trawling for the perfect bargain on eBay for weeks always comes with a sense of victory when you finally won the bidding war and a few days later you’re new investment piece would arrive.

“My Nonno was a Saville Row tailor and my Grandma would rub shoulders with editors at Tatler, I feel like my passion has always been in my blood.”

And I recently had a Little Big Victory of my own. Logging onto the the usual high end online stores I stumbled across this seasons Balenciaga Mini City bag in black distressed leather. It was love, I had to have it. It was the perfect bag to go from Summer to Autumn with and so convenient for running around London as I do so often at the moment. The only problem, it was over £850!

I decided to shop around a bit and check all of the other online retailers but all were the same story so the savvy shopper within me kicked in and I logged onto Ebay.

I couldn’t believe my luck, there listed was the exact bag I had just been dribbling over online. It was brand new and had never been worn, it also turned out that the lady only lived down the road so I offered to pick the bag up once the transaction had gone through. The bag was listed as £500 so I snapped that bargain up. This lady was a personal shopper to the rich and had bought it for a client but then decided to keep it for herself. It sat unworn in her wardrobe for a month or two so she decided to pop it on eBay. It’s safe to say this was my bargain of the year.

This experience made me realise what a real treasure trove eBay Fashion has to offer and enables many of us who want that key designer piece but maybe can’t justify the retail price. Plus so many gorgeous and amazing pieces in immaculate condition are listed every day and looking for new homes that there are thousands of pages for you to rummage through. I would love to know if you have ever had a Little Big Victory on eBay and nabbed yourself an absolute bargain!

This post is in collaboration with eBay but all opinions are my own

Shop The Post

• lydia 21st September 2015 / 11:14 am

Hey Lauren, You have to rummage and search for a while but it’s always worth it! x

1. Adele 21st September 2015 / 9:56 am

Love the mini City! With eBay you have to be so careful as there are a lot of people selling fakes out there.

• lydia 21st September 2015 / 11:15 am

There are! although eBay have a lot of procedures in place to minimise the risk and also using forums like The Purse Forum to get authentication is a great way to get peace of mind, x

2. Lauren 21st September 2015 / 11:04 am

Where is your jumper from? you look sooooo cosy! Xx

• lydia 21st September 2015 / 11:15 am

Hey Lauren, it’s from H&M x

3. RosIe 21st September 2015 / 12:49 pm

I love an eBay bargain. I recently fell in love with a panda Mac but it was £950! So I did the same thing went on eBay and found one second hand in excellent condition for less then half the price!! I also got my daughter a brand new Burberry coat for £50 RRP £155! Bargain! Xx

• lydia 22nd September 2015 / 12:37 am

Oh Rosie that’s amazing! Such a bargain hunter I love it x

4. ana 21st September 2015 / 2:31 pm

Gorgeous bag! It’s so versatile! And I love your jumper sweetie x

Check out my blog <3 | ANASOFIACHIC

• lydia 22nd September 2015 / 12:37 am

Thanks Hun!!!!!! ??????

5. Connie 21st September 2015 / 2:41 pm

how do you protect yourself from buying fake products? I’m hunting for a CDC for so long time but I’m afraid of fakes..

• lydia 22nd September 2015 / 12:39 am

I tend to swat up online and teach myself to spot a fake myself, or use the purse forum to get them to authenticate the bag. Failing that I simply ask for proof of purchase because I know I keep every single receipt of my high end purchases! ??

6. rita Manique 21st September 2015 / 2:48 pm

Hello Lydia! I’ve been following your blog for some months now. I think you have a great sense of style, a classiness difficult to find nowadays and you’re still nice and sweet, which is a plus plus.
    I really love your wintery (is that a word? haha) outfits, and let me tell you that you look absolutely stunning in MAC diva… I know you have a fav combo, spice + honey love, but Diva suits you perfectly!
    I just want to tell you that your blog is a result of a great work of yours. And when you talk about serious subjects as the world of blogging and health with such honesty yet knowingly, you must know that you’ve done your job.
    Keep up with the fantastic work!
    Love from Portugal*

• lydia 22nd September 2015 / 12:40 am

Hey Rita thank you so much for such a lovely and thoughtful comment! Now that autumn is on its way I will have to dust of my diva lipstick ??????

7. Stefanie 21st September 2015 / 7:36 pm

You’re so right! I want to have a Givenchy bag and an eBay bargain would be great but I’m always afraid to buy a fake.

8. Tara 21st September 2015 / 8:53 pm

You’ve inspired me to start eBay hunting! Regularly get bag envy from all the bloggers with their Prada’s…refreshing to see a post showing where a gal can afford a small luxury! xx

9. Taylor 9th October 2015 / 9:08 am

You’re blogging inspiration. Not to mention your beautiful, laid back approach to your photos, I feel like it makes your blog posts much more personal and intermit to read. <3