The Little Mermaid

I often talk of wanting to be a mermaid but the reality is I’ve thought about this long and hard since I was about 5 years old. From the first time I watched the The Little Mermaid I became enchanted with the very thought of it. You might think I’m crazy to have been so captivated by fantasy and quite rightly so. As someone whose painfully fearful of the Sea, all I ever wanted, and still want is to be as comfortable and at home in the water, as I feel when I’m next to it.

I can sit for hours on end watching the waves come and go as if they were the worries I face daily. The sound of their presence washes over me like a blanket of calm and I can truly just be me in every insecure aspect of myself. I can reflect and understand my feelings, reactions and emotions to every scenario this strange world puts before me, I’m able to make sense of them and put them into an order that makes complete sense. I don’t feel this way anywhere else. I

t’s like being stood at the end of the world with your only option being to face whats in front of you or drown.

This post was shot on the Olympus Pen EP-L7 & the 45mm Lens

Shop The Post

Images by the beautiful Liv from WhatOliviaDid

1. Bea 6th July 2015 / 8:27 am

Hi Sweets! Have you time or will you in the near future do a editing/filter or app post? All your pictures look fantastic and I wondered if you use photoshop at all to add “pop” or if you use app’s?

Take care beaut! x

• lydia 6th July 2015 / 12:43 pm

hi Bea ill definitely look into doing this 🙂

• Aimee-Lee 20th July 2015 / 10:03 am

Woohoo I am also so excited for this!

• lydia 6th July 2015 / 12:44 pm

2. Isabella 6th July 2015 / 5:04 pm

Hi Lydia,
    I can so relate to your soulful thoughts about being by the sea. I feel the same way myself.

XO Bella
    P.S. Of course it makes total sense to be a mermaid ????

3. jess 6th July 2015 / 6:49 pm

such a lovely outfit, you’re stunning!

check out my blog + follow back?

Jess |

4. jess 6th July 2015 / 6:49 pm

such a lovely outfit, you’re stunning!

check out my blog + follow back?

Jess |

5. Romy 6th July 2015 / 8:22 pm

What a lovely images, you look so gorgeous! It’s so calming to just relax by the sea and watch the tide, I can enjoy that so much too! xo Romy
    Find me at Rusty Revolvers!

6. Katie Matthews 9th July 2015 / 1:18 pm

Love these shots – too in love with the effects the Olympus Pen has.

I completely agree with the ‘Little Mermaid’ dream. I’m obsessed by water, swimming, fish.. everything haha.

Katie <3

7. Cori 9th July 2015 / 11:01 pm

Could you be any more stunning? Love these photos — beautiful!

8. carol 13th July 2015 / 1:22 pm

you look so dreamy Lydia! when you have time can you also write a blog post on the type of settings you use for the Olympus pens and some tips and tricks? I was at the Olympus pen party and your segment was amazing by the way! I remember you mentioned watching a lot of Youtube videos for the pen, it would be great if you can list the videos you found most useful!

Love your blog x

9. Joanna Thorne 14th July 2015 / 10:43 pm

I’ve never known anyone other than myself to feel so strongly about the way being around water makes them feel! like the majority of your posts I can totally relate! I love reading your blog and seeing your photos it is part of my wind down time you are inspiring. If I ever pluck up the courage to start my own blog it will be because of you 🙂
    Joanna x