Not so naughty – Low GI, Dairy free, Gluten free Brownie recipe

Low GI, Dairy free, Gluten Free brownie recipe

I’m pretty sure this recipe is the best thing that ever happened to me.
I’ve been dabbling with different dietary changes on my quest to clear my problem skin and cutting dairy was a big one for a while, however I have now been prescribed Roaccutane as some times it really is the only option. If any one is interested in the results once I’ve finished the treatment let me know.
But anyway when I cut dairy from my diet I would have genuinely lost my mind had it not been for this brownie recipe. Obviously dairy free may not be of interest to everyone so there is the option of adding Protein Powder to this also (we all know I love the stuff, can you imagine how hard I found it now?).

200g Dark Chocolate (75% Cocoa)
200g “Total Sweet” Sugar Alternative
200g Coconut Oil
200g Ground Almonds
4 Eggs

Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.

1. Melt chocolate in a bamery
2. Add Coconut oil and “Total Sweet” until all is melted.
3. Add egg yolks and mix all together.
4. Remove from the head and add the ground almonds.
5. In a separate bowel whisk egg whites until stiff.
6. Fold in Chocolate Mixture
7. Place in baking tin and bake for 10-15 minutes.

Typing this had made me realise just how easy these are to make and also making me hungry!

1. Olivia Law 10th October 2013 / 10:46 pm

These sound amazing! Living at uni though, I don’t have an over – any microwave healthy tips? xo

2. britishbeautyblagger 11th October 2013 / 8:43 am

These sound amazing! Also, my brother went on roaccutane and his skin went super dry – just wanted to let you know that he used Effaclar H by La Roche-Posay which really helped, just in case that is helpful at all! x

3. Jess Shanahan 11th October 2013 / 9:02 am

Totally going to be trying these at the weekend!

4. Belle 11th October 2013 / 1:51 pm

These look heaven! I live off my own version of a wheat-free, dairy-free, sugar-free Banana Bread 🙂

I love Roaccutane….sometimes it IS the only option.
    I know lots of people get depression taking it- but for me it’s the only time I’ve been truly happy-
    safe in knowledge that I’ll be waking up with clear skin!

5. Aimee 11th October 2013 / 2:49 pm

Would love to know how you get on with Roaccutane, im 23 and still have skin problems and have tried every antibiotic going just reluctant to try roaccutane due to horror stories ive heard!! also did you have to have a lot of blood tests? im a total needle-phobe!! Aimee x

6. angie 11th October 2013 / 5:53 pm

I’ve been on Roaccutane many years ago. I lost all the natural lubrication in my lips as it does dry the lips and eyes etc. I found being kinder to my skin works better than harsh treatments (acne sufferer for over 16 years!). I get crystal clear microdermabrasion facials and use Dermalogica Ultracalming range, really worked well for me. Also an acne cream called Quinoderm works great. I still have some bad days but fairly rare after introducing the Dermalogica products